Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
rHOPEb
Getting out with a fever?
by rHOPEb
March 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM

If you have two children..............would you pack up your youngest (who has a fever virus) to take the oldest to school?  Or would you let the oldest skip for a day?  There is no bus option and the dad cannot take to school on this particular day.  

Replies

• jamianne
    March 20, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I've packed up my daughter when she was sick to take my son to school.  It's not fun, but sometimes it needs to be done.

• coolmommy2x
    March 20, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    I would pack up the sick kid. I don't keep my kids out of school if they're not sick.
  • jen113000
    March 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    I would pack up my sick kid to take my other one to school.
  • kdgord
    by kdgord
    March 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM
    I would pack my other child up and get the well one to school. If one is throwing up I try to find another ride for the well one first. That happened Friday with my youngest. She was throwing up so I called my dad to see if he could take a few minutes of work to help me out so I didn't end up with puke in her car seat.
  • wakymom
    by wakymom
    March 20, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I've packed up 2 younger sick ones to take the oldest to school before (missed the bus).

• soymujer
    March 20, 2013 at 8:51 AM

If I didn't have a friend who could, then yes, I would.  As long as you're just going to drop the other child off, I don't think it's a big deal.

• rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    March 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Good idea.....not sure why this person didn't call in a reinforcement.....hhhhhmmmmm......

Quoting kdgord:

I would pack my other child up and get the well one to school. If one is throwing up I try to find another ride for the well one first. That happened Friday with my youngest. She was throwing up so I called my dad to see if he could take a few minutes of work to help me out so I didn't end up with puke in her car seat.

• smushy79
    March 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Yes, I would. It's just a drive in the car.

• Raeann11
    March 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I bundle up my sick one and take the other one to school.

• huskermom98
    March 20, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I would take the sick one--I've taken myself sick before, but we're only 3 blocks from school.  The only problem when I took myself sick was that I used the circle drive to pick him up and I usually park in the lot and walk to where he comes out--so he didn't know to look for me in my car!

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN