Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
delilahsmom1177
What would you do?
February 28, 2013 at 5:21 PM

OK so DD and I are currently staying with my mom. We share a room with her(it's very large) and my brother has th living room forhis room. It is a one bedroom and well fine for my mom and brother... He works during the day she works at night. My brotehr is 19 BTW. and awsome.... great uncle really does so much for DD. ANYWAY so we are staying here until the nd of the school end then heading back to our hometown an hour away. So yeah we had a rule no TV durring the week as DD was having some trouble in school. SHe is doing much better now and with the living arrengments it is easier to let her watch TV after school. She is now. and is soo happy mommy let her watch TV on a school day. It is better for everyone... would you cave?

Replies

• steelcrazy
    February 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I wouldn't look at it as caving, but as rewarding her good behavior in school.  I would let her know that if she starts to have problems in school again, then the tv privileges will go away.

• delilahsmom1177
    February 28, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I did tell her that but I just feel like I am caving because I was so firm in it before.

Quoting steelcrazy:

I wouldn't look at it as caving, but as rewarding her good behavior in school.  I would let her know that if she starts to have problems in school again, then the tv privileges will go away.

• frndlyfn
    February 28, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Was the rule set in stone or was it a "no tv until grades come up for school" ?  Some days i let dd watch tv after school and other days she needs to do her homework first.

• la_bella_vita
    February 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Bump!

• soymujer
    February 28, 2013 at 10:47 PM

If it's motivation to get her to do good in school, I dont' see it as caving.

• delilahsmom1177
    February 28, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Thanks ladies. She was able to watch one 1/2 hour educational show before dinner. She did her homework well so maybe we will do one show when she gets home to relax. THANKS again!

• UpSheRises
    February 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I think its a fine reward but if it becomes a habit she'll likely end up right back where she was.

• Barabell
    March 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I don't look at it as caving either. The situation changed (i.e. she's doing better now), and so it doesn't hurt to change the rules to acknowledge that improvement.

• gonecrazi
    March 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I would so cave...

• Pukalani79
    March 1, 2013 at 8:13 PM

This

Quoting Barabell:

I don't look at it as caving either. The situation changed (i.e. she's doing better now), and so it doesn't hurt to change the rules to acknowledge that improvement.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN