Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
dtristan78
Harsh or fair punishment? ETA
February 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM
I wrote a previous post about my daughter passing a note from one friend to another student. The note was not read, written or opened by my daughter, she was the gofer.

Anyways, her teacher sent a referral tithe office about the note. My daughter name was in the referral as the 'middle man' deliverer. The Assistant Principal gave the writer AND my daughter ISS and lunch detention.

After I spoke to her teacher, who agreed my daughter is 99.9% a great kid and student, said if she knew the punishment she would have not sent the referral for my daughter she suggested I contact the Assistant Principal for a conference to see if we can discuss the punishment.

So my question...would you fight it or let it be. Also, there is no set rule regarding passing notes, the reason it was such a big deal was because a 8 year girl was propositioning a boy for sex. In 2nd grade!!!!

Fair or harsh for my daughter?

ETA- I spoke with the AP, nearl a week after the event, she informed me my daughter ONLY had lunch detention and never had ISS. The other child was punishe with ISS. I can deal with a lunch detention!

Also, she has learned. A note was passed to her the other day and she gave it to the teacher.

Replies

• Cindy18
    by Cindy18
    March 7, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I would let it go.

It's only one lunch detention and it teaches your DD not to pass a note along for anyone.

• SarahSuzyQ
    March 7, 2013 at 7:58 AM
    I agree with most everyone else, the punishment may be harsh but she will likely not pass notes again. I saw your concern in the comments that the ISS would go on her permanent record, so I guess you could follow up and ask about that.
  • dtristan78
    March 7, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    ETA to OP
  • mjande4
    by mjande4
    March 7, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    So basically OP, you got all wound up without all the facts in place. SMH
  • dtristan78
    March 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM
    No need to shake your head. I wasn't wound up, I asked a question. I contacted the AP the day after she called me to clarify what she told me and what my DD reported to me. The AP never returned my phone call until 4 days later. Had she called me back sooner, the issue would have been clarified even before I wrote this post!

Quoting mjande4:

So basically OP, you got all wound up without all the facts in place. SMH

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN