Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
mamajolene
Penis size?
February 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I know this might sound odd .. But I'm alittle worried about the size of my sons penis he is 7 and tho it has grown since he was a baby it's still pretty small.. I did a read up on it and it says a average size at this age is 2.4 inches pushed all the way back.. But I would feel alittle weird asking my son if I could measure is penis and he probably wouldn't even let me.. I'm just curious if this is normal.. I don't mean to sound like a weirdo it just worries me.

Replies

• mamajolene
    February 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM
    I didn't want this to cause bashing.. I'm already going through alot.. I'm just one of those people that worried about everything.. If I have a runny nose I think i have the flu when all it really is, is a cold and then once my son was diagnosed now everything scares me and I always want to be on gaurd.
  • mamajolene
    February 17, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    I just know that there is such a thing as Micropenis. I know they say there's nothing u can do about that.. And I guess you are right I should stop worrying about it because there would be no way of fixing it. I know that when I looked it up it said something about taking testosterone if there was a difficiency. But that's obviously later on when he would be older. I'm sorry this is weird I'm just a worry wart and I feel bad for the poor kid
  • blessedmommie07
    February 17, 2013 at 6:02 PM
    It's a good question. We as mothers can worry about every little thing. I have thought my youngest son who is 3 has a small penis but it also only occurs to me occasionally when I change his diapers still. My hubby is a little on the less than average side so I just chalk that up to him being like DH probably.

Either way stop obsessing and checking. He's 7 you shouldn't really be looking that closely to tell. And as for the nurses why should they care. I would tell them that is very inappropriate to say and report them.

If it bothers you that much just talk to the doctor and see if he can check its normal. But most likely it's fine so try to stop worrying about it. Right now it's minuscule to what your son is going through and that is probably also why are obsessing.
  • GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    February 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Why in the world are the nurses commenting on his penis size?  That seems rather unprofessional to me.  I sure hope he hasn't heard their comments!

• birdiemom
    February 17, 2013 at 6:05 PM
    I think you have enough to worry about. There is nothing wrong with a small penis, nor is it something that needs to/can be fixed.
    I hope all goes well with his chemo.
  • LADYxGHOST
    February 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM

This is a question for his doctor. I am pretty certain until puberty the child penis is small since it's only function is for urination. During puberty, like a girls breats, the genatila grow in preperation for the added function of procreation through sexual intercourse.  However, i would delete this post and never mention to my son i ever saw his penis let alon thought it was small, men have a difficult time in that area already to have the image of thier mom measuring them.

• KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    February 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM
    IT WILL GROW WEN HE HITS HIS TEENA GER YEARS . U DON'T WONT TO GIVE HIM A LOW DICK SELF STEM ..
  • birdiemom
    February 17, 2013 at 6:07 PM
    Also, about the nurses comments, they are being totally inappropriate.
  • steelcrazy
    February 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Honestly, I will be nice since your son is sick and you seem to be a worry wart.

It is totally normal.  A boy's penis doesn't really start to grow and become more in proportion with the rest of his body until he is into puberty.  Your son is still a little kid and penis size isn't something that he or you or anyone should be worried about at this point in time.  So just forget about it.

BTW - anyone commenting on your son's penis size is very creepy and completely inappropriate and I would have hoped that a grown woman would be smart enough to realize that.

• luzianagurl
    February 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM

i talked to my family dr about my 7 year old's also. she asked me if he had extra weight around his middle and he does. she said that is pretty normal when they have that extra weight. she couldn't explain why just that she'd seen it before and that if i still had concerns i could bring him in and let her run tests and whatnot. i let it go and it seems to have fixed itself since he's lost that extra weight around his middle. 

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN