Featured Posts
seastty08
need help before I pull my hair out
February 7, 2013 at 9:23 PM

My son has been my world for the past 6 years. For 5 of those he was my only child and I had NO problems getting him to listen. He has always been a very respecting child, says yes/ no ma'am/sir, no thank you, please and thank you...etc. He used to live on eating beans and rice. I had my daughter a year ago and I feel like I have a one year old and a three year old. He seems to not listen no matter what I do. He throws fits, says hes scared of the dark, doesnt want to eat ANYTHING. I am so aggitated just trying to get him to eat and get showered at the end of a full day I feel like I am going to pull my hair out. I have noticed my temper getting shorter and shorter at the end of the day and I end up snapping and yelling not only at him but my husband when he says something I dont agree with. I hate being like this and I want my good child back. Please help me.

Replies

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    February 7, 2013 at 9:33 PM

He's jealous of his sister. That's just going to take time. But you a,so need to sit him down and be stern. Explain your expectations to him.

• steelcrazy
    February 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM

You need to give him some undivided attention daily and try to plan a mommy and me day at least twice a month.  He is missing having all of the attention and he will do what ever he has to do to get it, including misbehaving and throwing tantrums. 

As far as the tantrums go, ignore them, in fact walk away when he has one.  The whole point of the tantrum is to get your attention and get what he wants.  If you ignore them, then they will stop.

• bleumonster
    February 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM
    He was your whole world and now has to share the attention with a baby. I would become difficult and whiney too LOL. Make sure he has some of your undivided time too as well as some of dad's. Be firm about how he should act and what you expect. Be consistent and firm with discipline. Try not to yell and don't ve afraid to take a time out yourself.
  • soymujer
    February 7, 2013 at 9:50 PM

You need to be sure you are spending one on one time with him as well.  He feels that all of your attention has gone to her and you have forgotten about him.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts