Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
Cindy18
Kitchen Talk for February 7th
by Cindy18
February 7, 2013 at 6:51 AM

It's Bean Month

What is your favorite bean? Do you cook with dried beans? How do you "soften" or cook your dry beans?

Replies

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    February 7, 2013 at 7:04 AM

I only like green beans. Can't stand the texture of all the others.

• SarahSuzyQ
    February 7, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    I'm not really big on beans. Other than green beans and refried, I really don't cook with them much... I just don't care for the flavor.
  • kmrtigger
    February 7, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I do not have a favorite. I cook dried beans more often than I do the canned beans. I soak the beans over night to clean and soften them, before cooking all day.

• rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    February 7, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I don't know if I have a 'favorite' one.  I like them all in their own way.  Lentils are great meat subsitute and I've made meatloaf from them.  I cook with dried beans all the time, more so than canned.  I rarely buy canned foods.  I will do an over-night soak if I remember, but usually its the quick soak then cook.   

• steelcrazy
    February 7, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    Beans, beans the musical food. The more you eat, the more you toot. The more you toot, the better you feel. So eat your beans for every meal!

I love beans. I think that green beans are my fave.

I soak my dried beans to soften them.
  • ash522
    by ash522
    February 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM

We love beans. Black, pinto, kidney, small red,northern & green beans are probably the ones we eat the most. I rarely buy canned beans anymore. I usually cook them in my crock-pot. Cajun red beans & rice....mmmmmmm

• auntangelofsix
    February 7, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    We love lima bean n blackeyed peas
  • soymujer
    February 7, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Not a bean lover.  Only beans I cook are green beans and the occasional times when a recipe we fix has beans in it.

• Larisa72
    February 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM

YUM!!

I used dried beans, soak them overnight then simmer them the next day....we've recently had ham-bean soup and turkey-bean soup....with homemade bread, of course....filling, "nummy" and easy to make (plus great on days that are colder than well.....you know the saying...lol)

• angelyuna20
    February 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I like pinto beans, I've cooked them dry before. when cooking them dry I soften them with fatty bacon. If I'm fixing them out of a can I just use some butter.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts