Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
Connorsmommy13
My afternoon at the park(little bit added)
February 5, 2013 at 7:04 PM

It all started okay...then my son came to me crying caring a shovel (he had found it weeks ago) I ask him what happend he said boy A hit him with it and wanted to take it home. Before I could respond boy A came running up saying that I need to tell my son that he can not take it home..

My son turns to him and says "you didnt have to hit me with it" Boy A flips saying my son punched him and asked me . what I planned to do about it before I could ask my son what happened boy A FLIPS...telling me that I need to  ground my son and that he is a bad kid and I should be ashamed. This point he has turned on the water works.

So now I have two crying boys. I asked the older one how old he is he responed 10 so I said to him that he needed to calm down so I could get the story he turns to me "why should I you are just a F'ing A'hole just like your brat of a son" I gasped he turns to me and growls...yes GROWLS! Then stromed off...after admiting that my son did not punch him just pushed him when he started to hit him with the shovel. So I went "so to get you to stop" he repiled "yeah I guess"

So the shovel went in the garbage which really upset my son but felt it needed to be done...so yeah that was my day!

Yes my son was discplined (time out) for pushing the other boy, the shovel did go in the garbage and he lost his wii for two days!

Replies

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    February 5, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Just to confirm what I'm reading because it was a little hard....your son was hitting this other boy so they boy pushed him to get him to stop?

If so.....I'd probably use the shovel on my boy!

• Connorsmommy13
    February 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

Just to confirm what I'm reading because it was a little hard....your son was hitting this other boy so they boy pushed him to get him to stop?

No the other boy hit MY son with it (come to find out a few times) and my son was blocked by this boy so pushed him to get away.

• calsmom62
    February 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    How old is your son?
  • Connorsmommy13
    February 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Quoting calsmom62:

How old is your son?

My son is 7

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    February 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting M4LG5:

No the other boy hit MY son with it (come to find out a few times) and my son was blocked by this boy so pushed him to get away.

So, if your son was not hitting him but the other boy was hitting him, why punish him by throwing away the shovel? 

• calsmom62
    February 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    BTW, sitting here in 20 degree weather , I'm pretty jealous you were at a park. Did your son say how he thought the whole thing started
  • Rbrown72707
    February 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM

So you punished your son for defending himself?  Hmmm...

• Connorsmommy13
    February 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Quoting Rbrown72707:

The school has a strict no voilence act...so he has been told by everyone that he has to use his words more. And he should have come to me when the other boy wouldnt share the shovel. My son is very impulsive like me but the school doesnt put up with it so he needs to learn to use his words.

Just trying to prepare him for the real world.

• Rbrown72707
    February 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I guess I see your point.  I do tell my students that.  But, sometimes I think its so harsh to punish a child for standing up for themselves when they are bullied.  Make sure he knows he is right to stand up for himself if he's alone, but if an adult is around, he should tell the adult.

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting Rbrown72707:

The school has a strict no voilence act...so he has been told by everyone that he has to use his words more. And he should have come to me when the other boy wouldnt share the shovel. My son is very impulsive like me but the school doesnt put up with it so he needs to learn to use his words.

Just trying to prepare him for the real world.

• LoveMyLos
    February 5, 2013 at 8:03 PM

where the hell was the other kids mother? wow what a horrid child.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts