M4LG5
And the tooth FINALLY came out but she was asking for too much
by M4LG5
February 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I have 6 1/2 year old twins.  Just like their older sister, they were getting bummed that they are the last ones to lose their first tooth.  My oldest was about 6 1/2 as well.  My twins have been asking if it's loose and I'll check it but it hasn't been loose enough.  One of them started playing with it a little more and got even looser.  Well, i guess it FINALLY came out yesterday at school.  She was very excited to tell me.  She then said, "I can't wait to get $20."  Umm...what???  Apparently, that is what one of her classmates got.

Now, I know it's a parenting decision but, in my opinion, $20 for a tooth is way too much and crazy.  Sorry, we are not going there.  I told her that I sent information to the tooth fairies' (because there is more than one) office saying that for our family we only give $2 for the first tooth and $1 after that. 

Replies

• SahmTam
    by SahmTam
    February 5, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Aww- lol- bummer for her, but I agree. We can't do $20. Especially since we've had times where teeth were falling out of all 3 kids' mouths right around the same time. :-D They get $2.

• Jessica020410
    February 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    Lol. My 8 yr old son finally lost his first tooth last night. We give $10 for the first one, then about $2 or $3 for every one after.
  • MyLittleMunchie
    February 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM

the tooth fairy office - LOL love it!!!

My dd thankfully isn't into money (she's 5) yet.  When she recently lost her first tooth it was right before Christmas, she got those chocolate "gold coins" they sell for the holidays & two tiny stuffed doggies.  She was over the moon happy.

• coolmommy2x
    February 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    We did $5 for the first and $1 for the rest.
  • Barabell
    February 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM

$20? Wow, that's high!!

Before my son's last hockey game, and younger sibling of a kid on the team told me that the tooth fairy brings him $1,000 for a tooth. Now THAT's a rich tooth fairy!! LOL (The mom was shaking her head no behind the kid, but it was really cute!!)

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    February 5, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Quoting Barabell:

$20? Wow, that's high!!

Before my son's last hockey game, and younger sibling of a kid on the team told me that the tooth fairy brings him $1,000 for a tooth. Now THAT's a rich tooth fairy!! LOL (The mom was shaking her head no behind the kid, but it was really cute!!)

haha! 

My sister told me one of the moms she knows gave her kid a DVD.  uh?

• MrsSexyCurtains
    February 5, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    We gave dd $5 for her first tooth and will do $2-3 for all the others.
  • frndlyfn
    February 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Shoot she wouldnt like our division of tooth fairies then.  We will be doing a big prize for first tooth and 50 cents for each one after.  DD is almost 7 and no loose teeth yet.

• gravercem
    February 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM

The tooth fairy did once pay 20 bucks for a tooth, but it was one our daughter had to have ripped out of her mouth.  The tooth had to be removed due to the way it had come in.  It was pushing her other teeth in weird ways that caused her to get an infection.  They tried to numb her up but nothing works for her, she had to be held down and they pulled it out with her feeling everything.  It was a nightmare for her and us.  After going through all that we felt 20 bucks was well warranted.  Other wise the tooth fairy pays a buck a tooth.

• Barabell
    February 5, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Barabell:

$20? Wow, that's high!!

haha! 

My sister told me one of the moms she knows gave her kid a DVD.  uh?

DVD. I haven't heard of that before!

I think we did $5 for the first and a dollar for each additional tooth, but we forgot a few teeth. Oops.