Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
saysmom
Would you let your child eat candy they received from school.......
by saysmom
February 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I was thinking about a cute valentine to give my daughters 1 st grade class but it would require me to handle the candy. Like it wouldn't be individually wrapped. I was going to put some gummy bears in a ziplock bag and attach a cute bag topper on it. But just wondering if parents would be ok with that since it wasn't wrapped candy and knowing that someone had touched it???????

Replies

• frndlyfn
    February 4, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I would be fine with it.  DD does not eat much candy other than chocolate.  Last year her teacher gave them a small baggy of sweet hearts.

• gsae
    by gsae
    February 4, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I don't think it would be a problem I make things for my little girls class all the time and they don't say anything..the kids love it! 

• DrDoofenshmirtz
    February 4, 2013 at 9:29 PM

i would check with the school rules. Many do not allow non pre-packaged candy to be handed out.  (or any food)

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    February 4, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I don't have a problem w/ it. Dd has gotten snack baggies w/ Sweethearts in them from little admirers and I let her eat them.

• MissyB1011
    February 4, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I wouldn't have a problem. DD's class has 9 kids, so we know everyone. I would be comfortable with it. DD's school still allows homemade treats as well. Some of her buddies are becoming great bakers!

• corrinacs
    February 4, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Well, it depends on what it is LOL.  My son has severe food allergies, so he goes by the box to determine if its something he can have.  IF there's no box, therefore no ingredients list.......he won't touch it (we have taught him that to prevent him from getting sick).

But otherwise, I see no probelm with it.  One Halloween, I had a HUGE bag of M&M's laying around.  I didn't know what to do with it, so I split it up into cute halloweeny baggies.  Ppl took it LOL

• JasonsMom2007
    February 4, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    We don't do candy so no but we are the minority.
  • auntangelofsix
    February 4, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    Id ask.
  • mama.samm.2.3
    February 4, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    I've made treats for both of my girls class and it wasn't a problem. I would be ok with it as well.
  • ddhb2007
    February 4, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    It would be against our school's rules to pass out food that isn't pre-packaged.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts