Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
mommi247
Speed stacking
February 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Apparently, speed stacking is a part of kindergarten cirriculum... I thought was a little strange until my son started talking about it, and we looked it up... He knew a lot about it, so when he got some belated, unexpected Christmas money from his dad's side of the family we ordered them... They came today and he is actually pretty good... I'm going to give it some time and let him get better, then look for competitons in the area...

Does anyone else have kids that have this in gym class? It's great for hand eye coordination, but I didn't think this would ever be something they used in gym... kind of glad they did though...

http://www.speedstacks.com/

I'm not trying to promote the site, just posted the link in case someone didn't know what I was talking about...

Replies

• Barabell
    February 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I think my son did speed stacking in gym class too. His PE teacher is great at introducing all types of new sports and competitions to the kids. His PE teacher makes sure the kids learn everything from skiing to touch football to ultimate frisbee to speed stacking. She also incorporates education about nutrition and current athletes (like what they eat and their work out schedule).

• SahmTam
    by SahmTam
    February 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Yes, my kids have had this in gym class.

• steelcrazy
    February 3, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Nope, never heard of it and honestly don't think that our school would implement that for PE.  Seems more like a classroom activity to me.

• Kris_PBG
    February 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM
    I have never seen this, but my son started doing it with solo cups when bored one night!!!!

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts