Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
ma1234
im pretty fed up
by ma1234
January 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Everyday is a challenge with my son. He gets mad when I wake him for school. He doesn't clean his room. He don't like to wash up or brush his teeth. He got a negative attitude. He gets mad at everything I tell him to do. I wish he could go stay with his dad for awhile, because he's recking my nerves. I just don't know wat to do with him.

Replies

• Morrigan333
    January 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Hang in therre..i have one very similar at times..dd is 12..  HORMONES!ACCKK

• HaileysMom07180
    January 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM

give him more options, perhaps with his room tell him he has so long to clean his room before you come through with a trash bag, if he refuses to get dressed, put his clothes in a grocery bag and send him to school in his pajamas (trust me it works, my dd was so embarrased when i say get dressed by .... she does)

• mama91605
    January 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM

how do you discipline his behavior.  That wouldn't fly at my house because i would not allow it with consequences.

• nicmotivatedmom
    January 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I know how you feel. My son also gets on my nerves with his attitude. Hes 8 how old is your son? I keep getting that its "the age" and I agree to a point because they do test their boundaries, but the thing that I found most useful is staying consistant with what I tell him. When he takes a shower and doesnt wash he has to get back in and I stand there (with curtain closed) to make sure that he washs. As far as negitive attiude I have noticed myself with a bad attitude so I know where he is getting it from. Maybe he needs more sleep when does he go to bed? I have also thought that maybe I dont spend enough time with him so I am working on some bonding time. We have mom and son time after my daughter goes to bed.. (when is attitude allows)

• nicmotivatedmom
    January 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I have also been know to clean his room with a trash bag!

• frndlyfn
    January 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM

How old is he? Like another person said, what are his consequences for such negative behavior?  He is most likely doing it so he has control over his situation with you.

• ma1234
    by ma1234
    January 29, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    I don't give him money sometimes. I take away his tv sometime. I don't buy him stuff

Quoting mama91605:

how do you discipline his behavior.  That wouldn't fly at my house because i would not allow it with consequences.

• mama91605
    January 29, 2013 at 12:38 AM
    How old is he.

Quoting ma1234:

I don't give him money sometimes. I take away his tv sometime. I don't buy him stuff

Quoting mama91605:

• ma1234
    by ma1234
    January 29, 2013 at 12:43 AM
    Iam going to rent those books thank you. I thawt I was, doing something wrong also, but idk I try to be nice all the time
  • Mama2ETA
    January 29, 2013 at 12:46 AM

You need to be consistent. Take away all electronics (TV, tablets, electronic toys, game systems) and make him earn __ minutes when he does good for ___ days. Don't buy him stuff all of the time. Make him earn things. He earns something, and he acts out, he loses what he earned. Make him do crappy chores when he breaks the house rules (make a list of house rules and post them in a common place; crappy chores = cleaning the toilet, tub, laundry, dishes {depending on age})

Also, ask him (when things are calm) what he feels like good house rules are. Ask him what his class rules at school are. Let him make an input. That will give him more incentive. Also, make sure to make a list of the consequences and privileges and what it takes to earn/lose them.

Quoting ma1234:

Quoting mama91605:

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts