Featured Posts
Cindy18
REALLY!!!! You can't compliment a stranger??
by Cindy18
January 25, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I put my QOTD post yesterday and thought it would be nice to celebrate Compliment Day.....

6 replies by 6pm. REALLY??????

No one seems to have a problem giving strangers advice and telling them actually what they are doing wrong in their lives,  but ask them to be nice and give a compliment and everyone runs from the post like cockroaches when the lights turn on!

I find it baffling...

Replies

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    January 25, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I tend to have my mind go totally blank when asked something point-blank that asks for specifics like that. I know there are a lot of great things to say about a lot of moms on here, but when asked to name one for anyone in particular- brain fart!

• jillbailey26
    January 25, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I didn't even see it.  I don't know very many people on here well enough to compliment them, but if I see that the situation calls for it, I will.

• polkaspots
    January 25, 2013 at 8:48 AM
    I only read the QOTD posts when I have more than a few minutes online. Sorry.
  • apoynter
    January 25, 2013 at 8:51 AM

uh....lighten up.

• natesmom1228
    January 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I don't talk to strangers in any capacity so that is why I didn't comment on it.

• natesmom1228
    January 25, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Are we talking about in here or in real life?

• Barabell
    January 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM

But despite that, you still did reply in the QOTD post yesterday. :-)

Quoting wakymom:

I tend to have my mind go totally blank when asked something point-blank that asks for specifics like that. I know there are a lot of great things to say about a lot of moms on here, but when asked to name one for anyone in particular- brain fart!

• Barabell
    January 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I don't really know anyone on here, and I'm terrible at giving compliments online.

What would I say? Your screen name looks fantastic on you! So figure flattering.

I haven't been in this group too much lately, but I still recognize your avatar. So I know you've been pretty active lately.

What you would say is something like "your advice really helped me through that situation with my kid" or "I find so and so very supportive" or "I like that you tell it like it is" or "you have a great sense of humor." I compliment does not have to involve how someone looks or their physical features. I haven't met any of the moms in this group in real life either.

• Maddiesmommy123
    January 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I wasn't on cafemom yesterday, and Im sorry I missed your post.....

• Barabell
    January 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I don't really know anyone on here, and I'm terrible at giving compliments online.

What would I say? Your screen name looks fantastic on you! So figure flattering.

I haven't been in this group too much lately, but I still recognize your avatar. So I know you've been pretty active lately.

What you would say is something like "your advice really helped me through that situation with my kid" or "I find so and so very supportive" or "I like that you tell it like it is" or "you have a great sense of humor." I compliment does not have to involve how someone looks or their physical features. I haven't met any of the moms in this group in real life either.

I'm TERRIBLE at complimenting, either I can't think of anything or I over do it and then I feel like I seem disingenuous. I don't have the right personality for it or something...

I guess I can get that. Personally, I don't take compliments very well. I feel uncomfortable being the center of attention.

But, this is a pretty supportive group. That's why I come back here even though my son is now in junior high. Just a thought is when someone does give good advice or is supportive of you, it doesn't hurt to at least acknowledge it and say thanks! :-)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts