Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
kmrtigger
What are your thoughts on this punishment???
January 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Would you ever do this to your child?

Replies

• lovehimforever
    January 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    Yes I would.
  • jillbailey26
    January 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM

If they were old enough to understand and nothing else was working, yes.

• TabM
    by TabM
    January 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM

To each their own and I wouldn't judge another parent for this but personally I don't believe in humiliation parenting. I had some experience with it growing up though so I may be a little oversensitive to it.

• sfkdny
    by sfkdny
    January 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM

nope, I do not intentionally humiliate my child.  there would be consquences for bullying, but not this

• piwife
    by piwife
    January 24, 2013 at 3:15 PM
    Probably yes... but my kids are still small.
  • GoddessBaker
    January 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Depends on what he did, and in this case HOW he was bullying. If it was extreme and he simply didn't see anything wrong with what he did, then yes. There would be punishment either way, for me to implement this punishment it would have to be extreme, or he just simply did not think/ care that he was in the wrong. My mom always told me if I ever stepped out of line, she would come to school to pick me up wearing her underware on the outside of her pants, and make sure she smeared chocolate jello on them first...then introduce herself to everyone as my mom....just the threat itself was enough to make me behave for years lol.

• Christine0813
    January 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Agree.

Quoting sfkdny:

nope, I do not intentionally humiliate my child.  there would be consquences for bullying, but not this

• LucyHarper
    January 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM

If my kid was being a bully, you better believe I would, along with other punishments. We do not tolerate that.

• STVUstudent
    January 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM

yup

• frndlyfn
    January 24, 2013 at 3:37 PM

At this age, i would as well as a visit to police station to explain the seriousness of bullying that can turn into other negative behaviors.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN