Featured Posts
Verrine
Would you let your child wear Shorts in the Winter?
by Verrine
January 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM

It is below freezing here and there are still some boys who are wearing shorts to school. I really wonder about their mothers.

Replies

• jaytee
    by jaytee
    Jen
    January 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM

It depends on the weather. Sometimes our winter weather is in the 60-70 degree range. Now if it's less than 60 degrees out then I would encourage them to wear pants but typically what they wear is a battle I choose not to fight.

• sarahfire
    January 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Yes I would.

We are in Texas and its hitting 70 degrees every day this week. If my son wants to wear shorts he can.

• KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    January 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    HUMM NO..
  • gcstar42
    January 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM

If it was below freezing or even below 60-70 degrees then no. When it is over 80 degrees like it is today then yes lol.

• sweetmissy_05
    January 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM

No...maybe just at home but not anywhere else.....it was 30 below here last night.

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    January 24, 2013 at 2:04 PM

The boys, no way. Dd- only if she wore really warm tights under them. Luckily, ds1 has no desire to be that cold (he's not into looking cool), and I still have ds2 and dd convinced that they can't wear them at all in cold weather, partly b/c it's too cold and partly b/c Mom said NO.

• bizkit_fanky
    January 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Only at home

• EarlGrayHot
    January 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I would, too.  I work at a major university in the Midwest and I recently saw a guy dressed in shorts and flip flops on a cold snowy day and that is clearly inappropriate and even dangerous- he could easilty fall in flipflops and he should have learned from his parents that dressing appropriately for weather conditions is part of being a sensible adult.  Mankind has advanced because we have learned to adapt to varying climates.  This kid didn't get the correct instruction from his undoubtedly lazy parents.

• LucyHarper
    January 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM

My kids, no, they would be freezing. I know a little boy though whose normal body temperature is 105 degrees. If he doesn't wear shorts, he's sweating to death. Don't judge when you don't know.

• Dakota1228
    January 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM

My kids only wear pants/jeans if I force the issue (not too often - we live in Florida).  I don't care if they wear shorts and t-shirts.  I do have them put a sweatshirt/jacket in their backpacks if they don't want to wear it but I drop them off at school right at the door and they go directly inside.  My oldest dd picks them up at the door so really they aren't outside while at school. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts