Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
pretty_miranda
Bday Party
January 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM

My son is turning 5 soon. I am planning a party for him. He is in VPK I am planning to invite all his friends from class. I am nervous. Do you think they will show up to the party? There are 17 kids in class. 

Do you think they will show up to the party?

How many of them think you estimate will come?

Would you? 

Thank you gals!!

Replies

• endurablemist
    January 23, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    I can't estimate how many will come. I will say at my DDs 10th b-day pary, out of 24 invited 15 came. I'm sure kids will come. When DD gets an invite, if its a close friend we go.
  • pretty_miranda
    January 23, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Hi! Thanks for you reply. I appreciate it!

• coolmommy2x
    January 23, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    Hard to say how many will show up but I always liked inviting the whole class at that age.
  • mysweet1s
    January 23, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I hate leaving kids out, so we always invite everyone too.  My kids go to a small school, 20 kids in each grade level.  If we invite everyone, we typically only have 1-3 who can't make it.  Sometimes,if we want to do something more expensive, we just invite all of the same sex classmates. 

• January1964
    January 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I would definitely go. They all likely won't show up, probably 3 or 4 won't be able to attend. I have to invite my daughter's class (she is going to be 4) to her party soon. The teachers actually said it's a good idea to invite the whole class. Don't be nervous, it will be fun!

• smushy79
    January 23, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I think you are a brave mama!! I think some will show up. I would do a RSVP, plan on not everyone RSVPing, and make sure you have extra!

• natesmom1228
    January 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM

There is no way we can tell you how many will come. A good rule is about half of the number you invite will show up.

• corrinacs
    January 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM

If you do invite them, ensure you invite them all :). You should be able to ask the teacher for a first name list of all the students ;).

I had a party for my son and we invited the entire class (and then some).  I think only like 15 or so children showed up.   I usually bank on about 60% showing up.

Good luck :)

• BannerElkHogans
    January 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM

just make sure you have food to accommodate kids who may or may not have any food allergies. Like I have to do in April when my daughter has her first party since beginning school. an good luck an happy b-day to your little man...........i hope you guys have a swinging good time

• Traci_Momof2
    January 23, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Is the party at your house or is it at some other public location?  (ie. bouncy place, bowling, etc)  The reason I ask is because my kids always attend b-day parties they are invited to unless we have prior plans.  However, they have never been invited to a party at a classmates house.  Around here the parties are always at some sort of party location.  The public environment with the employees running the show give a sort of safety net to the parents of those attending.  So even if I don't know the parents of the b-day child very well, I still feel safe sending my kids to the party.  If it was at someone's private home, I would still consider it but it would give me pause for leaving my child there at the party because I don't have that safety net.

Point being, where it's at could potentially affect the turnout you end up having.

That being said, the parties that I have thrown for my kids I end up having a good 3/4 actually showing up.  Generally, the only reasons I ever see for not attending are because the child already had previous plans.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN