jen113000
How often do friends come over?
January 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM
How often does your child have a friend(s) that come over after school?

Would you allow a friend every day? Especially in the winter time when they don't play outside much?

Replies

• Jinx-Troublex3
    January 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Have you thought about some socialization and obedience training for the dog? It's sad that you can't have friends over for a visit.

Quoting CometGirl:

My children have never had friends come over.  We have an over-protective dog so strangers are not allowed on our property.

• choco_mom
    January 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM

No, I would never allow everyday, but that is just me.

Every thursday he has a friend over.  Its early dismissal so they play then we take them to bowling, they are on a leage together.  He will have friends over occassionally on the weekends, it just depends

• Jinx-Troublex3
    January 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM

This is our situation...we have SOMETHNIG going every night of the week....scouts, church, karate, gymnastics, etc. 

The kids have one friend (My BFF's DS) that comes over on monday- he's autistic and I do respite care for him - we work on his homework packet and reading and math skills and then he stays for 2 hours and has playtime iwth my kids.

Now the weekends - that's a different story - I either have extra kids here, or my kids are at friend's houses a good part of the weekend.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Not very often since we all are involved in extra curriculars.  There just isn't time for homework, dinner, extra curriculars and having friends over.

• CometGirl
    January 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Our dog passed away a few months ago.  And he was actually trained to be a guard dog so he was just doing what he was taught.  My DH is a very private person.  He does not like visitors.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Have you thought about some socialization and obedience training for the dog? It's sad that you can't have friends over for a visit.

Quoting CometGirl:

My children have never had friends come over.  We have an over-protective dog so strangers are not allowed on our property.

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    January 23, 2013 at 4:59 PM
    Never
  • Jinx-Troublex3
    January 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    My german shepherd is trained for personalprotection. However, she's trained to wait for a cue from me or hostility from the"bad guy"before going into that "mode".

So she is safe around friends and famly. She spends time at scout camps, parks, etc. We are even considering starting to do pet therapy.

Quoting CometGirl:

Our dog passed away a few months ago.  And he was actually trained to be a guard dog so he was just doing what he was taught.  My DH is a very private person.  He does not like visitors.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Quoting CometGirl:

• matofour
    January 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    Almost daily. We usually have lots of kids here, activities usually don't start until like 6ish.
    Today we had two over, tomorrow three, Friday two.
    Just varies, we are within walking distance to school so it's an easy place to end up.
  • theresaphilly
    January 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM

They come over about three times a week, but mostly on the weekends.

• Raeann11
    January 23, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Well they have neighbor kids they play with pretty much every day during the not so cold months. They go between our house and there house.

• nebcutie
    January 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM

everyday pretty much I have 2 extra that come over. They are always together.