Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
ddhb2007
Spring Break is coming soon. Where are you going?
January 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Spring Break will be here in a few weeks. My kindergartener chose to go to Washington DC this year. She wants to see the White House. We had offered to take her to Florida, but apparently she values the US President over Minnie Mouse and the Disney princesses.

We'll be traveling across the country in our RV, so we'll see 7 states (each way) on our drive. It should be much more interesting terrain than our trip to Texas over Christmas. This trip will have my daughter visiting her 34th state, and having visited 13 states in the last 12 months.

What are you doing for spring break?

Replies

• bizkit_fanky
    January 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM

dd gets her Spring Break the first week of March....No plans yet tho....

• natesmom1228
    January 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    Nothing. Because I have to work.
  • M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    January 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM

for the first time ever, my spring break is the same time as my girls' spring break (I work at a university).  I don't get the week off but it's easier to take time off when it's spring break.  DH (a teacher) has the week after us off. 

My grandmother died 10 years ago and so we are finally going to spread her ashes that week.

• CrazedMomof2
    January 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM

No plans right now.

• gracie0221
    January 22, 2013 at 12:25 PM

We had a road trip planned to go to mount rushmore and yellowstone(We're from Nor cal), but we might do it during the summer instead.

• matofour
    January 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM
    Nothing for spring break. We are summer travelers.
    We have a travel trailer. My kids have been to 46 states. We have driven coast to coast, twice.
    This summer we are saying closer to home,
    Williamsburg, Gettysburg and Hershey.
    But, my husband is taking my two older kids to Ireland.
    The next summer we will be driving from nj, to Oregon (visiting brother in Portland). We will also spend time in Idaho, Washington (head to forks, we have friends there), and we want to spend time in glacier national park.
    We will be gone the whole summer, between 7-8 weeks.
    DC is so fun. We love DC! We can't wait to get back there, so much to see and do.
  • mcginnisc
    January 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Me? Nothing but hit the gym.. the kids on the other hand are going to FL to the Grands' homes.. my mother and my IL's live down the street from each other so my oldest is going to my IL's house with their cousin and my youngest is going to my mom's house. My mom and MIL are going to drive up together and get them as usual..Their break is in April, but they have a winter break in February so we will probably go down to FL then. 

• ddhb2007
    January 22, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    Quoting gracie0221:

We had a road trip planned to go to mount rushmore and yellowstone(We're from Nor cal), but we might do it during the summer instead.

We went to Mount Rushmore over Memorial Day last year. It's a lot of fun. A lot of things are closed during the winter, so you might find it more enjoyable to go during the summer. Yellowstone is awesome too. It sounds like a great trip.
  • Mom2Boys9501
    January 22, 2013 at 12:56 PM

No where as usual.

• Fields456
    January 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    We will just be going to the Houston rodeo a few times. Maybe to Austin for a night . Dd was suppose to go to Disney world with my parents but the trip was pushed back to this summer because my grandmother is dying of cancer

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN