Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
janitablue
Inauguration Day
January 21, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Originally, Inauguration Day was held on March 4, giving the next administration enough time to get up and running. But in 1933, with the country facing a huge economic crisis, the four months in between Election Day and Inauguration Day seemed too long. The 20th Amendment was ratified on January 23, 1933, fixing Inauguration Day as January 20.

Great website for kids that explain the Inauguration Day click on Congress for Kids

Fun Printout Worksheet on Inauguration Day Click on Inauguration

Replies

• diaperstodating
    January 21, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Thank you.

• coolmommy2x
    January 21, 2013 at 6:46 AM
    Didn't know that. DH and DD are going to it. She's 8, I hope she can take it all in and appreciate it. DS, 12, was supposed to go but he's sick.
  • GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    January 21, 2013 at 7:45 AM

We will be watching.

• natesmom1228
    January 21, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Thanks

• steelcrazy
    January 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Funny, but I knew that it used to be in early March and was changed to late Jan, but I didn't know the exact year.  I'm just a treasure trove of crazy info.  lol

As far as the inauguration goes, I don't know if I'll watch it on tv or not.  We'll have to see how my day is going at that point in time.  I was home on break from college when Clinton was sworn into office for the first time, and watched that one on tv.

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    January 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Thanks for sharing.

If I happen upon it while channel-flipping, I'll watch a few minutes of it, but I don't watch it on purpose.

• saltlifemama
    January 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I am a huge history/political junky. Like steel said I knew it was moved but never remember being told why.

I do not plan on watching it. I watched Clinton get sworn in his first term, Bush for his first but I have not watched one since. I am sure I will be catching highlight of it later. That will be enough for me.

• soymujer
    January 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Didn't know that.  Didn't watch either.

• WesternNYmom
    January 21, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Thanks for the info.  I tuned in for a bit. Saw some of  the speeches. 

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN