Featured Posts
jessicaaris
Birthday treats at school?
January 20, 2013 at 2:06 PM
My sons birthday is on a Thursday this year and I am debating whether to bring treats to his class. His birthday party is going to be Thursday night so I don't know if I should do something at school or not. It's fun to do but I don't feel like I have to, especially with his party later that day which will definitely have cake or cupcakes. He's in kindergarten btw.

Replies

• frndlyfn
    January 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Hmm Is his whole class coming to the party?  Most like to celebrate at school as well as at home.  We did not have a party for dd last year but we did take in birthday cupcakes.

• TwinMomma122304
    January 20, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Our kids always love taking in treats to celebrate their birthdays.  Luckily, their schools have allowed homemade treats.  This year I did cake pops - they're smaller than cupcakes, single serve, and I wrapped them individually so that they could be taken home if they wanted.  Even with a "big" birthday party, it's nice to have a little celebration with their teacher(s) and classmates. 

• fullxbusymom
    January 20, 2013 at 2:29 PM

If they are allowed yes you should send treats to school as a school celebration as well.  It is kind of a rite of passage once they enter school.

• Andrewsmom70
    January 20, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    My son's birthday is always the week we're out for Thanksgiving. This year I took cupcakes to his class the Monday after the holiday. He and the class loved it. I will keep doing it as long as he wants. They are kids for only a short time. I'll revel in it as long as I can. :-)
  • jen113000
    January 20, 2013 at 3:33 PM

If you are allowed to send in something you could always do something besides a treat. Last year for my sons birthday ( he was in K ) I brought in cupcakes. He was excited!!

• steelcrazy
    January 20, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I would send something small in if the teacher permits it.  Kids love celebrating their birthday with the class.

• MrsNewman
    January 20, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    Does his teacher make a big deal of birthdays? I would just send in some small cookies or something. Kids love that stuff.
  • disneymom2two
    January 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM

We're not allowed to bring birthday treats unless they're on the Stalker list (peppered turkey jerky, anyone?)  It's a huge petpeeve of mine and I don't want to get started so I'll just say that if treats were allowed, I'd send them; I will not send  peppered turkey sticks or 30 bags of Baked! Doritos Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips (just what every teacher wants - 30 kids with orange fingers in her classroom).

• PensFan99
    January 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM
    We always do. It is their special day, why not let then have it? It is not so much about the treats (treats now and then later that night) it us about the kid celebrating their day. My cousins celebrate birthday months...
  • mom2jessnky
    January 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I like to send in cupcakes for the class on my kiddos' birthdays.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts