Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
3boysmommaNY
8 yr old boys...
January 11, 2013 at 8:54 PM

How does your 8 yr old (or 7/9) yr old act? 
I don't think mine is to bad, hes a boy.
He is rough, but not trying to beat people up when playing. He loves to run, and has a big imagination. He likes to pretend he is a cop/soldier/ someone that shoots others -- but never shoots at his brothers (we put a stop to that a long while ago)

He doesn't like to sit down, but he will when needed lol

He got in trouble on the bus because the driver said his gun noises were to realistic, and it scared her really bad.. I have never heard him make a 'real gun noise' other than "pow" "boom" etc.

Just wanted to see if this is all regular boys behavior?!  

Replies

• steelcrazy
    January 11, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Sounds exactly like my 9 year old son.

• kmrtigger
    January 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Yep, sounds like any of my 3 boys.  Mine are 9, 10 and 11 yrs old.

• 3boysmommaNY
    January 11, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Thanks. Hes my oldest, I have two more behind him. I didn't think he was a bad kid. Just irks me how he is the only boy on his bus that gets in trouble.. :(

• TexanMomOf6
    January 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Sounds normal.

I had a BIL and SIL who would always say "He's a boy" when their son acted out. He could do any damn thing he wanted and never suffer the consequences. It was always someones elses fault. Now he is 21 yo and reaping what his parents sowed. Seems the legal system doesn't go for the "He's a boy" plea.                          SOOOO, Yes, he's a boy but he should be held up to he same standards as a girl..

Sorry for the lecture.  You probably don't act like them with your son. It's just one of those things that annoy me. ( I have 2 DD and 4 DS)

• CrazedMomof2
    January 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    Sounds about right!
  • steelcrazy
    January 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I'm just curious what exactly the boy in the OP should be punished for.  He's done nothing wrong that I have read. *shrug*  Don't put your ILs bad parenting off on someone else.

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Sounds normal.

I had a BIL and SIL who would always say "He's a boy" when their son acted out. He could do any damn thing he wanted and never suffer the consequences. It was always someones elses fault. Now he is 21 yo and reaping what his parents sowed. Seems the legal system doesn't go for the "He's a boy" plea.                          SOOOO, Yes, he's a boy but he should be held up to he same standards as a girl..

Sorry for the lecture.  You probably don't act like them with your son. It's just one of those things that annoy me. ( I have 2 DD and 4 DS)

• 3boysmommaNY
    January 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Of coarse! I do say "hes a boy" at times...Mostly with their games. But I never let their action games get to where they are killing each other and such. Granted we used to play like that when we were little, BUT things these days are a lot more sensitive so I can't let him do that. 
    Any gun or bow/arrow shooting is always at a wall, floor, ceiling, fake animal (if they are playing hunters). Guns are talked about a lot in our house since DH is in the Army.
    We have high expectations when it comes to respect for others with actions, manners, and words. We let them do their thing, but at the same time, if any wrong doings happen, they know they have to apologize right away. 

• TexanMomOf6
    January 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM

So you didn't read the first and last sentences?

Quoting steelcrazy:

I'm just curious what exactly the boy in the OP should be punished for.  He's done nothing wrong that I have read. *shrug*  Don't put your ILs bad parenting off on someone else.

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Sounds normal.

• steelcrazy
    January 11, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Yep, I can read.

First sentence - How does your 8 yr old (or 7/9) yr old act? 

Last sentence - Just wanted to see if this is all regular boys behavior?!  

I also read everything in between and don't see anything that I'd punish over.  I'm guessing that you have girls, don't you?  They really are different creatures.

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Sounds normal.

• TexanMomOf6
    January 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Sorry. I was referring to my post, not OP.   I have 2 daughters and 4 sons. It says that in my original post.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Yep, I can read.

First sentence - How does your 8 yr old (or 7/9) yr old act? 

Last sentence - Just wanted to see if this is all regular boys behavior?!  

I also read everything in between and don't see anything that I'd punish over.  I'm guessing that you have girls, don't you?  They really are different creatures.

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Sounds normal.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts