Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
Momyplease
booster sit .my son is tall and heavy
January 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM
hi ladies

I have a concern. my son is 6.5 years old and he is 4.5 feet tall and 118 lbs. the booster sitt stocks on his butt. I cant find big enough booster sit for him. Does he need it?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    January 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM

HOLY Crap he is huge for weight.   Yes he still needs one if your state has a law about being 8 and 4 foot 8 inches.  That is the law .here.  The weight is 80 lbs so obviously you have surpassed that.   Talk to your local police station or fire department for better advice on safety.

• gracie0221
    January 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Well in Ca, they go by height and age. if you are under 8 then you need a booster, but if you are under 8 but  4'9" or taller you can be in a seat belt. my dd is still in a booster, but she is almost 7 and 4'3" and 56lbs. I would look into the carseat safety group here on cafemom. good luck!

• momtoBrenna
    January 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM

He is over 100 lbs so he should be out of the booster. I don't know of any that are rated above 100 lbs.

• corrinacs
    January 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I agree with her, speak with your local police station or even pediatrician about what would be safest. 

I know those seats were ONLY tested with the weight and height requirements listed on teh seat.  They aer NOT safe beyond those perameters.

Good luck!

Quoting frndlyfn:

HOLY Crap he is huge for weight.   Yes he still needs one if your state has a law about being 8 and 4 foot 8 inches.  That is the law .here.  The weight is 80 lbs so obviously you have surpassed that.   Talk to your local police station or fire department for better advice on safety.

• Momyplease
    January 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    thank you ladies that a great ideal I will call then momentarily let you know what they said.
  • January1964
    January 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM

You can check, but I heard once a kid hits 100 lbs, they are done with car seats. Let us know what you find out.

• Momyplease
    January 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    I called fire dept. ther refered me to the police dept. I called left message. I let you all know once they call me.
  • natesmom1228
    January 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM

What did your ped say?

• Momyplease
    January 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    well im taking him to do blood work next week. . his sugar levels are fine. we were there yesterday he said he is fine overall but his weight is a consern.
  • Momyplease
    January 25, 2013 at 2:05 AM
    Ok I got the answere. because he is over 100 lbs he does not need a booster sit. I flagged down a police officer at the red light today. the one I called earlier never returned my phonecall. but this one was super nice.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN