Featured Posts
Momyplease
booster sit .my son is tall and heavy
January 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM
hi ladies

I have a concern. my son is 6.5 years old and he is 4.5 feet tall and 118 lbs. the booster sitt stocks on his butt. I cant find big enough booster sit for him. Does he need it?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    January 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM

HOLY Crap he is huge for weight.   Yes he still needs one if your state has a law about being 8 and 4 foot 8 inches.  That is the law .here.  The weight is 80 lbs so obviously you have surpassed that.   Talk to your local police station or fire department for better advice on safety.

• gracie0221
    January 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Well in Ca, they go by height and age. if you are under 8 then you need a booster, but if you are under 8 but  4'9" or taller you can be in a seat belt. my dd is still in a booster, but she is almost 7 and 4'3" and 56lbs. I would look into the carseat safety group here on cafemom. good luck!

• momtoBrenna
    January 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM

He is over 100 lbs so he should be out of the booster. I don't know of any that are rated above 100 lbs.

• corrinacs
    January 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I agree with her, speak with your local police station or even pediatrician about what would be safest. 

I know those seats were ONLY tested with the weight and height requirements listed on teh seat.  They aer NOT safe beyond those perameters.

Good luck!

Quoting frndlyfn:

HOLY Crap he is huge for weight.   Yes he still needs one if your state has a law about being 8 and 4 foot 8 inches.  That is the law .here.  The weight is 80 lbs so obviously you have surpassed that.   Talk to your local police station or fire department for better advice on safety.

• Momyplease
    January 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    thank you ladies that a great ideal I will call then momentarily let you know what they said.
  • January1964
    January 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM

You can check, but I heard once a kid hits 100 lbs, they are done with car seats. Let us know what you find out.

• Momyplease
    January 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    I called fire dept. ther refered me to the police dept. I called left message. I let you all know once they call me.
  • natesmom1228
    January 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM

What did your ped say?

• Momyplease
    January 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    well im taking him to do blood work next week. . his sugar levels are fine. we were there yesterday he said he is fine overall but his weight is a consern.
  • Momyplease
    January 25, 2013 at 2:05 AM
    Ok I got the answere. because he is over 100 lbs he does not need a booster sit. I flagged down a police officer at the red light today. the one I called earlier never returned my phonecall. but this one was super nice.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts