Featured Posts
janitablue
My son favorite subject is Math
January 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Do you know what your child favorite subject  is and have you done anything to enhance your child love for that subject?

I wish there were programs in his school that he can join that can help him learn more but also math and have fun.

Replies

• frndlyfn
    January 5, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I know a free math site that our school uses in their computer labs.  Have you taught him how to play dominoes yet?

• AutymsMommy
    January 5, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Autumn enjoys science and math.

We homeschool, so we spend our days expanding on those interests, while still ensuring she has a great handle on the others.

Once yours gets a bit older, most middle/high schools have Math Counts teams (or something like it) and Robotics clubs.

• ohmandy
    by ohmandy
    January 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM

ds isnt in school yet but he LOVES math.  he asks us math questions... a few months ago before he turned 5 he was on the middle level of a math game in the apple store haha and getting them all right.

as an english teacher i wish he was as into reading, but boys are often slower at the reading and more into math.  i mean, shoot, it could be worse lol

• janitablue
    January 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I agreed my son does not like to write a paragraph. He thinks that one sentence should be sufficient answer to the question.  We literally have a argument when he is doing  his comprehension homework. lol

Quoting ohmandy:

ds isnt in school yet but he LOVES math.  he asks us math questions... a few months ago before he turned 5 he was on the middle level of a math game in the apple store haha and getting them all right.

as an english teacher i wish he was as into reading, but boys are often slower at the reading and more into math.  i mean, shoot, it could be worse lol

• janitablue
    January 5, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I am ashamed to say this I don't know how to play dominoes. It is weird when I was a child I saw children playing dominoes but I had no interest in playing it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I know a free math site that our school uses in their computer labs.  Have you taught him how to play dominoes yet?

• JasonsMom2007
    January 5, 2013 at 10:48 PM
    my 5 year olds subjects listed from favorites to least favorite
    science
    history
    reading
    cursive
    math
    dictated writing
    language arts
    spelling
    journal

the only 2 He doesn't like are spelling and journal. we are changing spelling curriculum and hopefully that will help!
  • steelcrazy
    January 5, 2013 at 10:55 PM

My oldest son's favorite subject is science and my youngest son's is history.  The funny thing is that they both are really good at math as well, but it isn't their favorite subject.

• la_bella_vita
    January 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM

My daugther's favorite subjects are math & science.

• signingmama2915
    January 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Ithink my son's favorite is math, but he just started kindergarten this school year, so I am not for sure yet.

• frndlyfn
    January 6, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Cool.  A game you can learn together then.  It is really simple.  I play more on the computer than in actual life.

Quoting janitablue:

I am ashamed to say this I don't know how to play dominoes. It is weird when I was a child I saw children playing dominoes but I had no interest in playing it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts