Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
janitablue
Do you clean your child room?
January 5, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Ok you might think I am crazy . My son is eight years old of course I give him the responsible of maintain clean bedroom. Every so often I would clean it. You would be surprise what I find. The main reason is really keep abreast what goes on his room from removing old clothes or finding food wrappers when he is not suppose to be eating in his room. 

So Do you clean your child room?

Replies

• jen113000
    January 5, 2013 at 10:14 PM
    They clean their room and put away toys downstairs every night before bed. ( putting away toys etc ). I vacuum/ dust as needed and do a deep clean every few months ( to where I'm getting rid of broken or missing pieces etc ) to make room for new stuff.
  • frndlyfn
    January 5, 2013 at 10:14 PM

We do it together since I want to make sure nothing is hiding in shadows like you have found .  We have found bowls and cups with residue in them.  She was allowed to have a snack, just never put the dishes away.

• AA2.0
    by AA2.0
    January 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM

DD is 5. I do not clean her room. I supervise the cleaning of it, but I do not clean it. I go through her clothes as they get washed/put away and when the seasons change, we go through her toys together a few times a year, and I will sweep/mop while she's at school. But the actual cleaning is left to her.

• MariannLws
    January 5, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Yes 

• mamawolf1103
    January 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I help her. She is 6 and capable of doing it herself, but I have found if I go in and pick up a few things with her it gets done with less complaining. I really don't do that much. Sometimes I do it while she is at school, but that is mostly if I am trying to get rid of junk.

• quickbooksworm
    January 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM
    DS is 7. He picks up all the toys and clutter. I dust, vacuum and do his bathroom. He has asthma and dust mite allergies so I will take care of the.deep cleaning a bit longer.
  • ohmandy
    by ohmandy
    January 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM

ds is 5 and he has to "clean" his room... pick stuff up off the floor, laundry in the laundry basket... that kind of stuff... but i need to get in there to organize... im being lazy cause i meant to do it pre-holiday but was in my first trimester and now i figure i'll just wait to see what the gender of the baby is... THEN i'll have a lot of "nesting" to do hahaha

• workoutmom2b1g
    January 5, 2013 at 10:41 PM

They maintain most of it, but I help just by major cleaning it maybe once a week and purging the old toys etc.

• jillbailey26
    January 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Nope.  They do it.

• supermomz25
    January 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM

my kids 12 and almost 11 clean their own rooms. sometimes I help, but they mostly take care of their own. my youngest is still in our room but he cleans up his toys downstairs.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN