Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
steelcage
Does anyone use Lice Shield?
January 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM

A friend of mine recommended Lice Shield, after my kids got lice a couple months ago then again a few weeks after. She has used it on her DD for a year, and no lice has come back. Does anyone use it?

To add, before someone suggests....we have tried tea tree oil. Didn't work.

Replies

• mhaney03
    January 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    No. It smells. Use a spray-in conditioner. We've used that with tea tree oil and haven't had a problem. Lice sheild smells like raid.
  • steelcage
    January 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I smelled it at my friends' house, I didn't mind it. Tea Tree Oil doesn't work for us.

Quoting mhaney03:

No. It smells. Use a spray-in conditioner. We've used that with tea tree oil and haven't had a problem. Lice sheild smells like raid.

• saltlifemama
    January 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I have never used it we always went with tea tree oil.

• XOXOnBubbles
    January 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I haven't tried it, but luckily none of my kids have gotten lice either.  And I am allergic to tea tree oil.  I am not going to be using something that I know makes me break out in hives!  LOL. 

I have heard that coconut oil works great for getting rid of lice too... and it smells a LOT better than tea tree oil!  (Saturate hair with coconut oil, put on a shower cap, and leave it on overnight.  Wash with regular shampoo in the morning.  It will also make your hair super soft.)

My kids use coconut shampoo... maybe that is why we have never had problems with lice.  Or it could just be a lucky coincidence.  ;-) 

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN