Featured Posts
tried1273
had to follow through....
December 31, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Ugh my oldest daughter is eight and I have been having problems with the back talking and getting major attitude from her.. Tonight we went out to eat and since its new years eve they were getting a gift afterwards. Well the attitude kicked insurer several warnings she was told she lost the privilege of her gift.. It was so hard to walk out of the store and seeing her so sad but for the first time I stuck to my guns but broke my heart!! Anybody else going through this what type of discipline seems to work the best...

Replies

• MrsRinehart2010
    December 31, 2012 at 10:40 PM

IT does work if lkept with , I have to occasionally do this with my 4 year old because she has a mouth for (well you know) . She has the attitude of a teen  lol . daughter like mother lol. but it does work .

• tried1273
    December 31, 2012 at 10:45 PM
    Thanks it was hard but gotta do something I an exhausted with the arguing and agreed she reminds me of myself so much lol ... But she will argue til she's blue in the face!
  • frndlyfn
    December 31, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Why did you give several warnings?  I give one and then dd loses the privilege.  Today she lost getting a toy from a special store at mall due to not staying still and being quiet when i was on phone.  DD is 6 so yes we have had the not listening kick in.

• supermomz25
    December 31, 2012 at 10:52 PM

my kids get 3 strikes and they are SOL.

• MommaTasha1003
    December 31, 2012 at 10:58 PM

We use to give 3 warnings, DD is 6 now & we have told her she is getting too big for 3 warnings. So now its 1 warning..

Its hard, but she knows when she chooses a bad action- she is also choosing the punishment. SHE does have the choice.. She does have control of her actions & consequences.

• ohmandy
    by ohmandy
    December 31, 2012 at 11:01 PM

depending on the situation there will be one or more... but i will make it clear "if it happens one more time" x will be taken away.  we've left places like sesame (we have season passes, im not THAT crazy lol), he's lost games/toys... we even started feeding him bread and water for refusing to clean his room (after days) but then he started asking for bread and water haha.  weird kid lol.

anyways, we fold sometimes, but try our best to be as consistant as possible.. also depends on the infraction

• aetrom
    by aetrom
    December 31, 2012 at 11:08 PM
    I find when you give too many warnings they do not think you are serious! A few tines of instant consequences usually pull mine back in line. :)
  • frndlyfn
    December 31, 2012 at 11:28 PM

DD loves plain bread and water.  She would turn up her nose at the bologna sandwiches the jails now serve.

Quoting ohmandy:

depending on the situation there will be one or more... but i will make it clear "if it happens one more time" x will be taken away.  we've left places like sesame (we have season passes, im not THAT crazy lol), he's lost games/toys... we even started feeding him bread and water for refusing to clean his room (after days) but then he started asking for bread and water haha.  weird kid lol.

anyways, we fold sometimes, but try our best to be as consistant as possible.. also depends on the infraction

• lizzig
    by lizzig
    January 1, 2013 at 9:56 AM

my 9yr old has her "teenage" moments.  i'm hoping she's getting all of her attitude out of her system now & will be a lovely teen! ;o)

she's had so many things taken away from her, trick-or-treating, birthday parties, etc. doesn' seem to phase her.  for the most part she is a really great kid but those moments...... i blame all the hormones in food today & just keep waiting for her to outgrow them. 

• soymujer
    January 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Good luck mama cuz it doesn't get better.  I have a 13year old daughter with attitude that started around 9.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts