Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
Amanda52007
Need help with a present...
December 9, 2012 at 6:46 AM
My girls ride the bus everyday. Their driver is male, and I've known him since I was a little girl (his wife & my mom used to drive buses and were close). He's an amazing man and loves the girls. He helped so much when Baileigh broke her foot and actually would get off the bus to help her down the steps. He also called me one afternoon and told me he felt horrible bc he had to get on to her and she cried.

I want to so something for a Christmas present, something small and meaningful. Any suggestions?

He's an older man (around 60 I believe).

Replies

• calsmom62
    December 9, 2012 at 7:28 AM
    Warm good quality driving gloves, a gift card to home depot,
  • PerfectVirgo
    December 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM
    I like PPs answer good driving gloves. Or a gift card to a coffee place or something.
  • mommaFruFru
    December 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    If he drinks coffee make him a coffee care package, a new travel mug, some. Good coffee and some home made treats :)
  • corrinacs
    December 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I agree with what the other moms say :).  Coffee GC or some nice warm driving gloves :).  Or some nice warm socks to go under his shoes.  Opening and closing that door in teh cold does get ...wel....cold :)

• othermom
    December 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM

The gloves or coffee would be a great idea

• LanasMommy0504
    December 9, 2012 at 10:08 AM
    I just want to say how much I love that you're doing this! My Grandaddy drove a school bus for over 30 years. It's so sad how few people actually appreciate what they do. I think all the ideas you've been given are great. My Grandaddy also loved all the homemade gifts he received. He kept every single one of them to this day!
  • Lorena
    by Lorena
    December 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM
    You just inspired me to get something for my kids bus driver. He is a grouchy old man and was mean to my kids the first couple of years (my son has severe Adhd, CD, deperession, and is super clingy.) But the last couple of years he has been really good with them. I guess I really never thought about getting him something. His hands are always bare when I see him. Think I will get him some nice warm gloves and a new coffee mug. (I have 7 kids so I think he deserves 2 gifts).
  • bizkit_fanky
    December 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Maybe make alil basket with warm gloves, hot chocolate mix, a nice mug, candy, and a cute pic of the girls..

• bizkit_fanky
    December 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Oh and salt dough ornaments

• Amanda52007
    December 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions! We may just put together a basket of goodies for him with all kinds of stuff!

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN