Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
CadensMommy813
holiday gift for teacher
December 9, 2012 at 2:22 AM
Does anyone have ideas on what to get a teacher for the holidays? My son is in kindergarten, his teacher is a woman. I don't really know too much about her,but would like to get her something.

Replies

• hollydaze1974
    December 9, 2012 at 2:34 AM
    Movie gift card for two or two bags of supplies that go 'missing'" mid year, tissue, wipes, some crayons, pencils sizes of her choice, construction paper, copy paper, and a few writing tablets
  • frndlyfn
    December 9, 2012 at 2:44 AM

What we did for dd's teacher who is 23 is since she likes lotions, we got her 2 hand creams (can you imagine the damage done washing your hands nearly 8 hrs a day) and a keepsake stuffed sheep ornament.  Classroom supplies are usually appreciated as well as gift cards to various stores.

• TroyboysMom
    December 9, 2012 at 3:04 AM

We're giving ds' teacher a gift card to a restaurant.

• theresaphilly
    December 9, 2012 at 6:38 AM

My kid's school has a rule against sending gifts, but I send it to their homes instead and this year both teacher and assistants will be receiving; gift cards, candles and a beautiful bouquet from Edible Arrangements. All will be delivered the last day of school.

• calsmom62
    December 9, 2012 at 7:06 AM
    Our district has strict limits so we chip in with room mom. I do buy a book from her wishlist from scholastic each book order .....
  • Kris_PBG
    December 9, 2012 at 7:59 AM
    Without a doubt - gift card!!!!!
  • corrinacs
    December 9, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I got her a little set from Yankee Candle with some snowmen on it.  My son picked it out of a catalogue from my other son's fundraiser LOL.  But you can also go onto Pinterest and search for handmade teacher gifts.  I even have one on my blog.  Its a jar of M&M's situated in a rainbow and it has a poem on it about the rainbow colors and how much the teacher has impacted your child.  I typically do this at the end of the year though:

http://cadensmama-thecraftyapron.blogspot.com/2012/06/present-for-teacher.html

• Momforhealth
    December 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    Yes this is what we have been doing too. Or I usually send items to use in class from my store. Like sanitizer or snacks.the books are useful and add to collection

Quoting calsmom62:

Our district has strict limits so we chip in with room mom. I do buy a book from her wishlist from scholastic each book order .....
  • coolmommy2x
    December 9, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    I am chipping in for a class gift to Bloomingdale's where the teacher shops and also got her a Vera Bradley zip ID case and will put a gift card in it.
  • Tara922c
    December 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I told dd to ask her teacher what is her favorite restaurant and plan on buying her a gift card. If my dd doesn't ask, which she will probably forget, I think I may buy the teacher a gift card to the movies or Barnes and Nobel.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts