Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
CadensMommy813
holiday gift for teacher
December 9, 2012 at 2:22 AM
Does anyone have ideas on what to get a teacher for the holidays? My son is in kindergarten, his teacher is a woman. I don't really know too much about her,but would like to get her something.

Replies

• hollydaze1974
    December 9, 2012 at 2:34 AM
    Movie gift card for two or two bags of supplies that go 'missing'" mid year, tissue, wipes, some crayons, pencils sizes of her choice, construction paper, copy paper, and a few writing tablets
  • frndlyfn
    December 9, 2012 at 2:44 AM

What we did for dd's teacher who is 23 is since she likes lotions, we got her 2 hand creams (can you imagine the damage done washing your hands nearly 8 hrs a day) and a keepsake stuffed sheep ornament.  Classroom supplies are usually appreciated as well as gift cards to various stores.

• TroyboysMom
    December 9, 2012 at 3:04 AM

We're giving ds' teacher a gift card to a restaurant.

• theresaphilly
    December 9, 2012 at 6:38 AM

My kid's school has a rule against sending gifts, but I send it to their homes instead and this year both teacher and assistants will be receiving; gift cards, candles and a beautiful bouquet from Edible Arrangements. All will be delivered the last day of school.

• calsmom62
    December 9, 2012 at 7:06 AM
    Our district has strict limits so we chip in with room mom. I do buy a book from her wishlist from scholastic each book order .....
  • Kris_PBG
    December 9, 2012 at 7:59 AM
    Without a doubt - gift card!!!!!
  • corrinacs
    December 9, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I got her a little set from Yankee Candle with some snowmen on it.  My son picked it out of a catalogue from my other son's fundraiser LOL.  But you can also go onto Pinterest and search for handmade teacher gifts.  I even have one on my blog.  Its a jar of M&M's situated in a rainbow and it has a poem on it about the rainbow colors and how much the teacher has impacted your child.  I typically do this at the end of the year though:

http://cadensmama-thecraftyapron.blogspot.com/2012/06/present-for-teacher.html

• Momforhealth
    December 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    Yes this is what we have been doing too. Or I usually send items to use in class from my store. Like sanitizer or snacks.the books are useful and add to collection

Quoting calsmom62:

Our district has strict limits so we chip in with room mom. I do buy a book from her wishlist from scholastic each book order .....
  • coolmommy2x
    December 9, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    I am chipping in for a class gift to Bloomingdale's where the teacher shops and also got her a Vera Bradley zip ID case and will put a gift card in it.
  • Tara922c
    December 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I told dd to ask her teacher what is her favorite restaurant and plan on buying her a gift card. If my dd doesn't ask, which she will probably forget, I think I may buy the teacher a gift card to the movies or Barnes and Nobel.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN