Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
bizkit_fanky
Things to do with your kids on Christmas break???
December 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I need some ideas

Replies

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    December 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I don't plan anything- we're a "let's wing it" type family : )  We do go to the auto show at some point the week after Christmas.

• bri2011
    by bri2011
    December 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM
    Movies, indoor playgrounds, ice skating or regular skating, out to lunch at a restuarant, our zoo does a light show, shopping for those after xmas sales. In home ideas...arts and crafts, board games, video games, rent movies, sleepovers, if it snows, play in the snow, go sledding. Do some kid friendly cooking like let them make their own pizzas. Bake and decorate cookies. Make homemade playdoh.
  • MaddieLainesMom
    December 7, 2012 at 4:40 PM

We always go ice skating, get Santa pictures, go to the zoo to the Christmas lights, and do some Christmas crafts. Then we just do what we need or whatever comes up. This year we'll probably do a few play dates with friends from school and a little traveling back and forth between our house and my mom's.

• TroyboysMom
    December 7, 2012 at 8:41 PM

We do Christmas crafts (or New Year's crafts, this year, break "starts" when school gets out on the 21st). We're going to Disney for a week, though, so I'm looking forward to not having to plan much.

• othermom
    December 7, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Play at the park, board games, watch movies, bake, ect

• bizkit_fanky
    December 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Thank you girlz wonderful ideas

• SweetPea2004
    December 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Hang her by her toes lol ....we will be going to the ranch(where s/o works) so that can include hikes, feeding cows etc. when home we can do arts and crafts, she can ride her bike/scooter, go to the movies, the park, go to my moms.

• BlessednHappy
    December 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM
    We're going tobogganing,to the movies etc
  • bleumonster
    December 8, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Well we probably won't do much, the older the kids get, the less they want to do anything with MOM LOL. My daughter is 14 and will probably want to go to sleepovers at her friends the whole time. She acted put upon when I asked her to make candy with me and decorate the tree LOL. My son is 10 and he will want to play his Xbox and hang with his friends when we don't have a basketball tournament.  If we do one or two family excursions or family nights I will count it as a win. Gone are the days when the kids wanted to go see the lights, bake cookies and candy, play board games, watch movies with popcorn. Now I have to get out the whips and ropes for them to do any of that- just kidding. Hey maybe handcuffs.....

• MsLogansMommy
    December 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM

roller skating, ice skating, movies, bowling, pump it up, library, board games

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN