Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
janitablue
Do believe in Aliens ? Do you share that belief with your child?
December 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I was inspire by a post created in this group.  I don't believe in Aliens , UFO and the government officials are covering top secret of Aliens. Do occasionally enjoy watch SCI-Fi channel, watching science fiction movies, and my favorite author is Dean Koontz .

How would you approach a situtation if a adult told your child about aliens ? My first insist would I tell my son this adult is a nut but I also want my son to respect the person feeling honestly tell him that just because the adult believe in aliens that their belief  that does not make the person crazy but we don't believe in aliens.

What are your thoughts???

Replies

• mjande4
    by mjande4
    December 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I'd approach it the same way I deal with all fiction versus non-fictions scenarios.  Explain that some people believe this, but scientifically I have not seen enough to endorse the belief myself.  I would also take the opportunity to have them read some articles themselves.

• bunnywzrd
    December 7, 2012 at 8:43 AM

As huge as the universe is I think it is dumb to believe that we are the only living creatures out there. However I would not scare children with stories of how aliens are going to come to earth. My daughters believe there is a good chance that there are other living beings out there as well. We don't go around talking about it though. It is just what we believe.

• janitablue
    December 7, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Kudos to you for being open minded I wish I was......................

Quoting bunnywzrd:

As huge as the universe is I think it is dumb to believe that we are the only living creatures out there. However I would not scare children with stories of how aliens are going to come to earth. My daughters believe there is a good chance that there are other living beings out there as well. We don't go around talking about it though. It is just what we believe.

• mhaney03
    December 7, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I do not think we are all alone in the universe but I don't tink anything of sci fi movies.  The fact is we don't know if there is other life out there or where it is.  Yes, I have told this to my 9 year old when she asked.

• smushy79
    December 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I have not had this convo with my children...but my personal belief is that there is something else out there, just dont know what. I dont think it is anything like what we see on Sci Fi channels though.

• natesmom1228
    December 7, 2012 at 9:11 AM

No I don't believe in aliens. I have not talked about this with my son.

• coolmommy2x
    December 7, 2012 at 9:16 AM
    When my kids ask about this (aliens or Santa, etc), I tell them that I haven't seen any but I think they might exist. DS and I used to watch ghost stories all the time. We believe they exist, DH does not. I explained to DS that not everyone does and thhat's OK. DH and I don't agree on a lot of things so fortunately both kids realized at a young age that it's OK to agree to disagree.
  • soymujer
    December 7, 2012 at 10:27 PM

No, I don't believe in them.

• TJFBGMommy
    December 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I do believe in them, not necessarily like in the movies. But I do believe in aliens. My kids know that I do, but also know that not everyone does. I'm letting my kids make their own decisions about it.

• diaperstodating
    December 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM

No I don't believe in aliens.

Whatever happened with that post. Did the mom find out what the teacher really said about aliens?

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN