PerfectVirgo
Teacher lied to my daughter
December 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Not sure how to approach this one....

My dd came home and told me with such conviction, that aliens are real and the laser swords from Star Wars are real. Now she is the type of child who catches on to everything really fast. She's very mature for her age (9 in a month) so I asked what she was talking about. She proceeded to tell me in detail that her teacher saw an alien spacecraft. Multiple times. And the details were crazy. She said her teacher and her husband were eating dinner when they saw something weird so they went outside, saw 3 balls of light... The whole bit. And THEN she said her teacher is convinced that lazer swords are real because a famous scientist invented them and supposedly this scientist is good friends with Obama. I asked repeatedly if dd thought she was joking or maybe they were reading sci fi stories or something. My daughter is absolutely convinced that these things are real. What should I do???

Replies

• Cherish77
    December 6, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Idk, thats an odd story for a teacher to tell.

• ruby_jewel_04
    December 6, 2012 at 6:47 PM
    I'd have a chat with the principal. That's not normal.
  • -42-
    by -42-
    December 6, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Oh Lord...some people. 

I'd ask for a meeting with the teacher and ask her wtf she's been smoking. With the principal present.

• Raeann11
    December 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Who is to say she is lieing. She can have her beilfs in what they see and learn. Know I do not agree she should be talking about the alien thing to her class. That is just not something to do. I would just approach the teacher with my child and talk to her in private about it. 

Because sometime it is a thing of misunderstanding too. 

• danichaos
    December 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM
    That's freaking weird
  • GotSomeKids
    December 6, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I'd just shoot the teacher an email asking if she told a fiction story at school and was making it up as she was going.  A few years ago, a teacher read the story of George Washington Carver and my daughter came home asking if she was black.  It's amazing what kids do and do not pick up on in class.

:)

• GotSomeKids
    December 6, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Well, it is legal in a few more states now.....LMAO

Quoting -42-:

Oh Lord...some people. 

I'd ask for a meeting with the teacher and ask her wtf she's been smoking. With the principal present.

• mjande4
    by mjande4
    December 6, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    Quoting GotSomeKids:

I'd just shoot the teacher an email asking if she told a fiction story at school and was making it up as she was going.  A few years ago, a teacher read the story of George Washington Carver and my daughter came home asking if she was black.  It's amazing what kids do and do not pick up on in class.

:)

This.
  • PerfectVirgo
    December 6, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    Thanks ladies. It just seemed off to me. I don't know any other teacher that would let a class believe a fictitious story. It's just .... Weird. I'm a little perturbed by the whole situation. I don't want my daughter thinking aliens are real.
  • GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    December 6, 2012 at 9:02 PM

That does seem odd.  But I'd talk to the teacher first & see if you can clear it up.  If not, then talk to the principal.