Featured Posts
corrinacs
What do you think I should do????? (Another Update)
December 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Well, ANother update.  Caden's teacher gladly accepted my suggestion of using another recipe!!!  I was completly NOT expecting that at all!!!!!  I was prepared to offer other suggestions like him visiting antoher room or me bringing him home :).  But nope, she made it so easy for us :) :).  I even offered to bring some of the more obsure ingredients :).  So, just htought I'd update you guys :).

Update:  Just got a note from his teacher.  She's using Betty Crocker boxed mix, which requires eggs :/.  

I want to suggest to her another recipe.  Should I email her back with my suggestion or say that I will talk to her when I pick Caden up (we walk home).  If so, how do I tell her that nicely without making her feel she did something wrong :/.  If eggs are the answer, then I will have to leave him home :/.  I know she will understand that, but I don't know if I should tell her over email or wait until I see her in 2.5 hours.  HELP LOL.

Just got a note from Caden's Kindergarten teacher that his class is going to be making Gingerbread men in class (to eat).  I am glad that they are doing fun activities like this, but.....

He's SEVERELY allergic to eggs :/.  I don't know how I feel with him being at school while his friends are cracking open eggs for the recipe.

His teacher suggseted I bring a cookie for him to eat, but I don't want him to miss out on the fun of baking them too.

I work full time as well, so keep that in mind.

I am thinking about taking him out of class to make gingerbread cookies at home :/.  But I don't know if I could get out of work that easily :/.

What is your opinion?

Replies

• corrinacs
    December 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM

That's what I'm hoping I can do :).  I pick him up today right after school so I'll talk to her to see what's going on :).  Hopefully we can manage something, heck...I don't even mind donating some of the ingredeints :).

Quoting Lorena:

Could you ask her to make them with no eggs?

• Lorena
    by Lorena
    December 4, 2012 at 1:12 PM
    I googled it and found an easy recipe for no egg!

Quoting corrinacs:

That's what I'm hoping I can do :).  I pick him up today right after school so I'll talk to her to see what's going on :).  Hopefully we can manage something, heck...I don't even mind donating some of the ingredeints :).

Quoting Lorena:

Could you ask her to make them with no eggs?

• corrinacs
    December 4, 2012 at 1:16 PM

bump

• corrinacs
    December 4, 2012 at 4:05 PM

bump

• LilyBeansMom
    December 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    Awesome that the teacher was so receptive to alternatives! I am so happy that Caden won't miss out on all the fun.
  • momof754
    December 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM

so glad to hear the teacher was so receptive to changing how they are made to include your son. some teachers wouldnt even consider doing this for your child

• corrinacs
    December 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I know.  I just asked because heck.....there's no harm in asking.  But I was defintiely anticipating her saying "no".  When she said "yes" i was totally stoked :).

I got the ingredients in the car ready to go tomorrow :) :).  So happy about that :).

Quoting momof754:

so glad to hear the teacher was so receptive to changing how they are made to include your son. some teachers wouldnt even consider doing this for your child

• suetoo
    by suetoo
    December 5, 2012 at 9:11 AM

How about you getting together with moms of all kids in their grade with food allergies, and make gluten free, egg free, Christmas cookies and ginger bread? Separate but together? And safe! In a different room? Talk with the principal and see what she says. I hope you have a day off to use, I tried to save my personal leave for fun things. Hope it works out.

Merry Christmas.

• janitablue
    December 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I am happy that the teacher was able to accommodate your son. I am glad that everything work out in the end.

• corrinacs
    December 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Thanks :). As diet restrictions become even more commonplace, I love your idea!  Perhaps not this time since I had about 12 hours to plan it, but I will certainly suggest that in the future (next year perhaps).

Thanks!!!

Quoting suetoo:

How about you getting together with moms of all kids in their grade with food allergies, and make gluten free, egg free, Christmas cookies and ginger bread? Separate but together? And safe! In a different room? Talk with the principal and see what she says. I hope you have a day off to use, I tried to save my personal leave for fun things. Hope it works out.

Merry Christmas.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts