Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
white1978
Hello fellow moms!
November 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I'm Kelly, 34, new to this group, and I have an overly emotional 8 yr old daughter.  Does any other moms have an overly emotional 8 yr old?  How do you handle their emotions?

Replies

• diaperstodating
    November 15, 2012 at 11:22 AM
    Hello and welcome to the group.
  • diaperstodating
    November 15, 2012 at 11:23 AM
    My almost 8 year old is a boy, he is not overly emotional.
  • sunflowers12
    November 15, 2012 at 12:22 PM

no, sorry i don't have this issues but i have six kids and have many situation come along.. try some relaxation technique with her such as breathing exercises some kids yoga maybe as maybe some type of maesguse therapy i know this help my youngest son as a baby when he would be high strung...

• white1978
    November 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Thank you very much for the response.  I must just have to find Yoga for kids and see if she'll  have fun with it.

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    November 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM

welcome       My 8 1/2 y/o ds2 has been more emotional this yr. I hate to say it, but it's probably hormones starting. Ds1 starting getting more emotional at 9 (he's 13 now). Not looking forward to when it starts w/ dd (6 1/2) b/c she's always been emotional. . .

• white1978
    November 15, 2012 at 4:50 PM

You know, i was beginning to think her hormones are coming into play.  She is 8 1/2 but it could be coming sooner than anticipated.

• soymujer
    November 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

welcomeMy daughter was/is overly emotional...I'm still figuring out how to deal with that.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN