Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
mary841108
i'm so mad!
November 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM

i f***ing HATE my kids' school! I hate it! ever since my son started pre-k i've had nothing but issues with that place. ok maybe not pre-k but definitely kindergarten. here i'll explain. Pre-k: everything is good, he did great the teacher was a little snooty but other than that we had no problems. Kindergarten: OMFG his teacher was satan incarnate. I hated this women to the point where she and everyone else knew my feelings. why you ask? because when a five year old says something about his bookbag being dumb thats a normal kid thing, right? well oh no, she went ahead and said she was going to put soap in his mouth. he told me of course so i told her "um no you wont and please dont threaten my son, it wont be pretty." fast forward a few weeks i get told by my son that she threatened to tie him to his chair. does this woman want to lose her job? again i went in and said if she doesnt cut the crap i will have her job. a few weeks later? yeah he came home and his arm was red. this you-know-what grabbed his arm so hard it left a red mark. i flipped out and went to the school and darn near got arrested because i was going to break her arm. fast forward to first grade, no complaints, his teacher was a saint and i still let her know that she is the best teacher by far at the school, we just loved her. 2nd grade his teacher is a pompous toad. because i had him at 18 she assumed that i didnt have an education, i simply let her know that i graduated high school with honors and in the top ten of my class and was accepted into Niagara University when I was only in tenth grade, lets not go there. she was constantly talking down to all the parents and the kids hated her. my breaking point was as we were walking towards the car, my son picked up something that fell in the snow this woman grabbed his arm so hard that it actually yanked me back...and im a big girl! (not fat, but tall and chubby lol) i was floored! she had my kids arm in a death grip! so what did i do? i asked her if she liked her arm, because if she didnt let go of my son i was going to take it home with me. smh. now we are in 3rd grade...yay us. no problems thus far with teacher until this morning when my son was putting on this diabolical belt that even i have a hard time fastening i said "why dont you put on a different one, what if you have to use the bathroom?" he said "no, im not allowed to use the bathroom at all anyways" excuse me? what? huh? oh no, we dont do that. hubby even looked appalled. kids can exaggerate so i said im sure you can, he said no. so i told him i dont care what your teacher tells you if you really have to go, if it is an emergency and she is still telling you no, you get your butt up and who cares what she says and get to the bathroom. You are not going to get sick because she doesnt want to let you use the bathroom. i freaking hate this school. thankfully we are looking at houses soon and i am trying to move way out of district so they dont even have to go to the high school thats connected with the little asylum they call Maple Avenue Elementary school. it brings out the worst in me. i am such a laid back person and this institution makes me want to lash out and beat the crap out of someone. ugh! ok i need more coffee and i just needed to get that off my chest. dumbass school. i should add that when he gets homework i am the one teaching him how to do it since he is completely clueless, it's almost as if the teacher isnt doing her job

Replies

• VeronicaTex
    November 15, 2012 at 1:30 PM

We finally agree on something.

I too,  can be very nice.

We both have much good to offer on here, as does the most current responder closest to our replies.

This was not a post where people were being asked for suggestions as to how to help a fellow mother nor was it a post to share ideas.

It was an out and out vent and a very fiery one at that.

People can choose to support you and carry on with the drama, or tell you in so many ways that in your choice of words and tone of voice you were "over the top"

I chose to respond in the second category. I consider myself to be assertive, truthful and forthcoming. 

By now, you should be ready to face any kind of response you get.

At this point, I feel yours and my exchange should be coming to an end, and that hopefully other people will respect this is between you and me.

We are both very capable of being kind.

May people remember that about us both, as we reply to other posts on here.

Veronica

Quoting mary841108:

we can do this all day lol. so do you like instigating and causing drama? my tone of voice in here might be considered rude, but that was a venting post. have you seen my other one on books for christmas? i thought i was quite nice in that one. actually, so did a few others that i am sure have also seen this post. i was only rude to you on here because you were rude to me. i was polite with every one else but you came crashing in here like a bull on speed and started with your "im better than you, you're wrong, i'm right" attitude. so then you might want to watch your tone because all the other moms can see what you are writing too and how i asked you to stop and you kept right on instigating and baiting. so who is the little high schooler now, V?

• Amanda52007
    November 15, 2012 at 1:44 PM
    You sound like a whiny drama queen.

I sincerely hope your children do not hear the way you speak, or see the way you act, if this post is any indication of your real life personality.

Geez.
  • mary841108
    November 15, 2012 at 1:49 PM

whiny no, drama queen...depends. my husband, friends and family all think i have a wonderful personality. like i said the whole school thing brings out the worst in me. normally i am calm, laid back and easy going. my posts are usually upbeat with a touch of humor :) i just have a mind and a voice and i use it. im opinionated (thats probably the understatement of the year right there lol) most of my posts deal with where to snag freebies, great deals you can find online (hello christmas shopping), my love for being a sahm and my kitchen disablity(lack of cooking skills, i down right suck at cooking, my poor family lol)

Quoting Amanda52007:

You sound like a whiny drama queen.

I sincerely hope your children do not hear the way you speak, or see the way you act, if this post is any indication of your real life personality.

Geez.

• corrinacs
    November 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Wow mama, you have defintiely hit both extremes :/.  This is rare in most cases, but I am so sorry its happened to you!

I woudl look into homeschooling if you can.  Hopefully the area you plan on moving to has better teachers.

Good luck!

• MsLogansMommy
    November 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Threatening to put soap in a childs mouth,

Threatening to tie him to a chair.

Grabbing a child so hard it leaves a mark.

and not allowing a child to use the bathroom.

Those are the things this mom is angry about some of you may not agree with how she worded her post and some of you may not agree with how she handled her angry but i am sure we can all agree that if these things did infact happen then she has more than a right to be angry I cannot imagine any mother that would sit back and let her child get treated like this so whether or not you agree with her words and actions im sure we can all agree the behavior of the teachers that op is describing is UNACCEPTABLE!

• maxswolfsuit
    Max
    November 15, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I don't think anyone would disagree with the fact that those things are unacceptable. But the OP's demeanor in the post and her reaction detracts from her credibility. A rationally written post with the same incidents would get a very different response. 

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

Threatening to put soap in a childs mouth,

Threatening to tie him to a chair.

Grabbing a child so hard it leaves a mark.

and not allowing a child to use the bathroom.

Those are the things this mom is angry about some of you may not agree with how she worded her post and some of you may not agree with how she handled her angry but i am sure we can all agree that if these things did infact happen then she has more than a right to be angry I cannot imagine any mother that would sit back and let her child get treated like this so whether or not you agree with her words and actions im sure we can all agree the behavior of the teachers that op is describing is UNACCEPTABLE!

• maxswolfsuit
    Max
    November 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I will add that I don't think homeschooling is advisable in this situation. I hope you can find another school that's a better fit for your child. 

• Mithsue
    by Mithsue
    November 15, 2012 at 6:38 PM
    Just to be honest, when it comes to my child absolutely no one is above getting threatened (and that includes teachers)! It sounds like that school is just awful!
  • WesternNYmom
    November 16, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Yikes. I am sorry.  Are you from Niagara Falls, NY by any chance?  I had to ask, because I read in your post that you went to Niagara University, and then you mentioned Maple Ave Elementary.  Sorry to get off the subject. I am from Grand Island.  I have a son in Kindergarten and my  daughter is in 3rd grade.  We have a decent school district up here and the Middle school and High school are near the top of the list of the best schools in Erie County.  Check it out.  If you want to chat feel free to pm me. Good luck.

• Cindy18
    by Cindy18
    November 16, 2012 at 7:08 AM

You said this much more eloquently than I would have!

Quoting mjande4:

I suspect there is  A LOT more to the story and much of it would not coincide with your version of things. Having said this, find a different educational option.  Don't be surprised, however, if the outcome is the same.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts