Featured Posts
huntn_momma2010
Prayers Needed...
November 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I live in a very small community and since the beginning of October there have been 3 suicides of students from our high school. The most recent one happened last night or early this morning. It is said that in a small community that bullying is going on and the teens feel that they need to take their lives. Tonight, the school district is hosting a suicide prevention meeting at the high school for the whole community to come and learn about how to prevent teen suicide. 

Replies

• natesmom1228
    November 13, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Sending prayers.

• Amanda52007
    November 13, 2012 at 1:36 PM
    Oh no, I'm so sorry your community is dealing with that.

• sweetleanne
    November 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Sorry to hear that. It's a tough, uncomfortable topic to cover and a sick world. Praying for intervention in your town to have a postive outlook for the future of our youth, In Jesus name. Amen

• diaperstodating
    November 13, 2012 at 1:43 PM
    Praying
  • sonshining
    November 13, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Yes, sad epidemic. I am praying for victims families and teens who are bullied. Although bullying has always been around, I for one was picked on and bullied in elementary school, and by the "mean girls" in high school, I think depression in students has also increased. The kids who are bullied become so distressed, depressed of what have you and can't take it. Yes, some are from broken homes and are already hurting. Love your children and pray for their safety and well being EVERY DAY.

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    November 13, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I'm sorry.  That really is hard, esp in a small community, but really in any size area.

Last year, two girls at the local middle school committed suicide together due to bullying.  It was talked about nationally at the time - I think it was the Today Show that broadcast from in front of the middle school (so .5 miles from my house).  It really was sad.

So I'm praying for your community!

• huntn_momma2010
    November 13, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Thank You all so much! I know bullying sucks because my 5 year old has been bullied and was scared to go to school, hopefully parents will go to this meeting tonight and take their children. I would go but I have class and I can't miss it but I may see if my husband or MIL will go just to show support that this needs to end.

• Karen_S
    by Karen_S
    November 13, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I am so sorry...you and your community are in my thoughts.  

Are you sure the cause is bullying?  Bullying *is* a serious problem, and a cause of teen suicide. But it there are other causes of suicide as well.  To really solve the problem, and help those young people, it is really important to listen to what is on their mind, not assume we know what the situation is. 

• huntn_momma2010
    November 14, 2012 at 1:36 PM

One I know for sure was not because of bullying, he was extremely depressed and his girlfriend broke up with him and that is why he committed suicide. I know this because he was friends with my nephew who is the same age. The other two they are pretty sure that it is because of bullying. The school has been looking into seeing if these suicides are connected but they can not find a connection. I heard that this morning that two more people have committed suicide in the area where I live but they were adults and not teens. 

Quoting Karen_S:

I am so sorry...you and your community are in my thoughts.  

Are you sure the cause is bullying?  Bullying *is* a serious problem, and a cause of teen suicide. But it there are other causes of suicide as well.  To really solve the problem, and help those young people, it is really important to listen to what is on their mind, not assume we know what the situation is. 

• bizkit_fanky
    November 14, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Prayers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts