Featured Posts
momtoBrenna
Dd starts the gifted charter on 10/23 long
October 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM
So, dd starts at the gifted charter school next Tuesday. We have enticed her to give it a good try by telling her all of the fun things that they do there. Mondays she has art, Tuesdays she has technology class, Wednesdays she has music and PE class, Thursdays she has her elective classes which change by trimester and on Fridays she has Spanish and PE again. They also have a Girl Scout troop so she's extra excited now.

They ability group all subjects and she can accelerate as needed along with them being accelerated to begin with. They also incorporate free time into every day for projects and directed learning. They give very minimal homework where she has to write two journal entries, read for 15 min (we require 20 min anyway) and they have 4 spelling sheets a week along with optional math facts practice.

She will probably test up to their 2nd or 3rd grade class for math when they give her the placement tests and into the highest reading group but the lowest spelling group. (Yes, they ability group that specifically as they all have a WEP aka GIEP). We are all still nervous about her going to a school for the first time and the daily 1-2hr commute depending on traffic and weather conditions.

Dh had his second interview with Google today and he should know within a week if he gets a third interview or not. If he gets the third interview, he will be flown out for that. Then, we should know within a week of that one if he gets the job or not. If he does, he will most likely go ahead of us until the end of the school year when we would follow. We have to figure out how to get my sister home from her night class if he goes though because she gets out at 10 pm and I cannot drag dd out to get her and have her end up in bed at 10:30 and getting up at 6am for school.

Replies

• Jessiejack
    October 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM
    Wow sounds like a lot of changes at your home. I pray your DH gets the job. Sounds like a wonderful school your DD will be attending
  • momtoBrenna
    October 17, 2012 at 12:44 AM
    Quoting Jessiejack:

Wow sounds like a lot of changes at your home. I pray your DH gets the job. Sounds like a wonderful school your DD will be attending

Thanks, she's nervous because she's always been schooled at home one way or another and she's by age a 1st grader. She will likely return to homeschooling, if we move. We are hoping that he gets the job so that we can get out of OH. :)
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts