Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
2Busy4Choas
I appreciate our daughters Teacher so MUCH
October 14, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Haven't posted in awhile... Our daughter is in the First Grade. We are very fortunate to have a Teacher this year that is so understanding and knows how to deal with children with issues. Our daughter has many things going on and we have been trying to get control of the situation. Her medication was NOT working and her Teacher was GREAT with how she handled things. I so PRAY next year we get one just like her. Fortunately, her medication has helped now for her sake, and all of ours as well. She was even so interested in learning about our daughters diagnose she read a book concerning it. She has taught for over 20 years. I really encourage anyone that deals with children to realize not all kids are being Brats on purpose.... some have a lot going on that they may not can control... Its not easy dealing with them but just think of how they feel inside :-/   Hope everyone is having a Good weekend :)

Replies

• VeronicaTex
    October 14, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Thank you so much for sharing such an uplifting story, 2Busy4Chaos!

Best wishes for continued success for your child.

Veronica-Former teacher and Mother of a Special Needs child.

• frndlyfn
    October 14, 2012 at 3:09 AM

I am glad you have found a teacher that wants to work with the possible setbacks your dd may have and keep her education a positive thing.  We had a teacher last year with almost 30 years of experience and we disclosed things that may be pertinent to dd's education.  The teacher was also able to get her help for things I have been telling doctors but the doctors would blow me off saying it was normal.  The one thing that was "fixed" was something that our teacher had never seen in her vast experience of teaching so that was validation for me that i wasnt crazy.

This year we have a very young teacher with 3 yrs experience but so far she is open to work with us on some of the issues dd has as well.

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    October 14, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Glad she has such a helpful teacher teacher : )

• RLSMOM59
    October 14, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Guess the teacher will be getting a great gift during teacher appreciation week. I would say the teacher would really enjoy a hug fro your daughter but that may get them both in trouble. Glad your daughter is doing well and enjoys school.

• kmrtigger
    October 14, 2012 at 4:01 PM

That is wonderful news. Glad every thing seems to be working out nicer this year.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN