Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
kcook55
kindergarten shots question
by kcook55
October 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM

dd is 4 be 5 in nov she goes to a private preschool she started in aug today i go pick the kids up and there a note in the parent box saying she has to have the kindergarten shots by friday the 12th theres no way i can do that her dr doesnt give kids shots at all and i have to work every week day untill the 25th can they really require me to get her the kindergarten shot already and in such a short notice? her dr from before we moved said she doesnt have to get them untill shes 5 or right before she starts kindergarten it would be my choice when she gets them. she also always runs a low grade fever when she gets shots and she cant be at preschool with any kind of fever

Replies

• kcook55
    by kcook55
    October 11, 2012 at 5:55 AM
    im calling to speak to the director durning my lunch

Quoting aetrom:

Call the school and ask them and tell them your dr says he can not. It will be fine.
  • vermontmoms
    October 11, 2012 at 6:17 AM
    My boys started K in MD and we signed a waiver for their shots. We then got a medical waiver for my kids so now they are exempt.

Quoting mommaslilmen:

I wanted to skip the chicken pox shot :( wasn't able to.

I'm in southern md

Quoting diaperstodating:

I am in Maryland to.

Quoting mommaslilmen:

I don't know about private school, but public school my kids couldn't start until they had the basic shots (Md only lets medical and religious exemptions)

• mommaslilmen
    October 11, 2012 at 6:53 AM
    We had no medical reaaon not to get the shot, I just didn't want it

Quoting vermontmoms:

My boys started K in MD and we signed a waiver for their shots. We then got a medical waiver for my kids so now they are exempt.

Quoting mommaslilmen:

I wanted to skip the chicken pox shot :( wasn't able to.

I'm in southern md

Quoting diaperstodating:

I am in Maryland to.

Quoting mommaslilmen:

I don't know about private school, but public school my kids couldn't start until they had the basic shots (Md only lets medical and religious exemptions)

• Jessiejack
    October 11, 2012 at 6:58 AM
    I don't understand why they are asking for shots that she needs for next school year. I think because of her birthday you might run into this every year. We have 1 month after the birthday to get shots. As long as she is up to date they can not say she can't attend. But that's for public school, private school can do what they want.
  • kcook55
    by kcook55
    October 11, 2012 at 7:38 AM
    i believe they go by the rules of daycare centers. i dont understand why there asking for these shots either. i was only planning on getting her the flu shot she needs it cuz she has asthma

Quoting Jessiejack:

I don't understand why they are asking for shots that she needs for next school year. I think because of her birthday you might run into this every year. We have 1 month after the birthday to get shots. As long as she is up to date they can not say she can't attend. But that's for public school, private school can do what they want.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN