Featured Posts
momof3woods
cheap costumes
October 8, 2012 at 1:48 AM
My 3 boys look foward to halloween almost as much as they do Christmas. This year, unfortunately, we can't afford to go out and buy them costumes. I'm looking for ideas for something we can make at home. Not looking for any opinions on why halloween is wrong, get the 'devil speech' from my family already, just good, cheap ideas for homemade costumes. Anybody got any?

Replies

• periwinkle163
    October 9, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Ninjas! Sweat suits maybe a little bright fabric for their ankles and wrists and a strategically tied t-shirt over theirfaces and voila! Dragons, another sweat suit this time with a hoodie, enough fabric to sew from their arms to their sides for wings and to make some teeth and eyes on the hood, and a  tail if you are feeling extra creative:)

• periwinkle163
    October 9, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Here is last years, Little red riding hood, probably wouldn't work for boys but you could make a cape for a superhero or vampire, and aang. A little sewing and voila two costumes under 15 dollars.

• periwinkle163
    October 9, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Oh one year when I was a kid I went as a bag of jelly beans, you just get a bunch of colored balloons blow them up and you wear a clear plastic bag with them in it, with a printed sign that says Brach's Jelly Beans on the front, any solid color underneath would work.

• kblpooh
    by kblpooh
    October 9, 2012 at 12:58 AM
    Are you on pinterest? There are lots of homemade costumes that don't require much money and usually just use household items.
    You could buy super hero pj's and then bulk them up.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts