Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
epaolini
kids not going to the school they are zoned for
October 6, 2012 at 8:47 PM

dies anyone else do this? our school we have chosen for 2 reasons, one is its 6 miles closer and its a better school as far as teachers and academic excellence. we are literally one block south of the cutoffline for the zoning but the one we go to(we used a friends adress0 is only 2 miles away.. and the other one is nearly 9 miles...the kids would have to ride a rus to go there due to my husbands and my work schedule.... think 9 miles is too long or a 5 and 6 yr old to ride....

Replies

• TroyboysMom
    October 7, 2012 at 1:36 AM

We have an "open" district. We are not zoned for the school ds attends, but we put in a transfer. I liked his school better, and feel that he will get a much better education at the school he attends, versus the one we are zoned for.

• JasonsMom2007
    October 7, 2012 at 1:42 AM
    You do know there have been cases of people being arrested for that right? Why not go through the process to get them in without lying?
  • Jinx-Troublex3
    October 7, 2012 at 1:57 AM
    Here, lying on a school form is making a false statement on and official document and yes, you can be arrested.

We go to a public charter school. It isn't part of any school district, its run by a private company.

My oldest wanted to go to public high school. We had toget an inter~district transfer to get him into the robotics and engineering program he wanted. We could have lied and used a friend's address but what does that teach DS? So we made the proper requests.
  • MistyMoo
    October 7, 2012 at 2:00 AM
    Yeah I do that. His teachers and principals know.
  • AmyParent
    October 7, 2012 at 2:04 AM
    We have an inter district transfer in place. My son attends one district over where my mom lives. We made sure to go through the proper channels.
  • gcstar42
    October 7, 2012 at 2:49 AM

My son is going to a school in a different district than what we actually live in. However, I actually requested a transfer and filled out the paperwork and did it legally. I think you could get in a lot of trouble for just using someone elses address if you are not living there. I know here you have to show proof of address.

• gcstar42
    October 7, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Okay this is totally off subject but what is a parish? I always see this on the news during hurricane season when they are talking about New Orleans and places like that but I have no idea what it is lol. And I have asked a lot of people and nobody else around here knows what it is either!

Quoting iansusie:

I believe it is open enrolledment within your school district (School of Choice), we have many charter schools. the one my son attends is a Type 2 charter which means it is open to any child who resides in the state. Off course it is mostly children from the 2 parishes that are close to the schools.

• smcclure2005
    October 7, 2012 at 5:31 AM

I don't really care where a child goes to school as long as they are getting a good education....however it does upset me as a parent in the district when the school supplies after school transportation for the students that do not live in the district and not for those that do. In my opinion if they are supplying transportation after school they should supply for all students...that is my only issue...and this happens here I have to go to the school and get my kids if they stay after for anything but out of district does not. I also thought that we had choice schools...

• mommaslilmen
    October 7, 2012 at 5:35 AM
    If we move we will be in a different school district. As it is the other school does not have the pre-k 3 program (for 3 yr olds) and my youngest is already in that program. I would like to "grandfather" but the school will be just too far away
  • Kris_PBG
    October 7, 2012 at 6:55 AM
    That is rarely, rarely approved in our district. Ther me has to be a VERY compelling reason, and even then it is sometimes not approved.

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN