Featured Posts
epaolini
have you ever...
October 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM

HAD CPS OUT TO THE HOUSE BECAUSE OF AN INJURY TO YOUR CHILD?, THAT THEY CAUSED THEMSELVES?... HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THAT!?

Replies

• kmrtigger
    October 5, 2012 at 4:03 PM

No, I have never had that happen. Here's a bump for you, in hopes someone else has some advice or stories to share.

• jen113000
    October 5, 2012 at 4:04 PM
    No I haven't sorry.
  • angelgrl5200
    October 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM
    you tell the truth....we have had it happen twice...although not injuries my kids caused themselfs but their actions caused the injury.
    when my ss was 5 I was moving a chair outta the kitchen told him to move outta they way, thought he did, went to set chair down and it hit him in the eye, I was lifting the chair over bags, a big heavy metal chair, the foot got his eye and he had a black eye---open and shut case

second time my son was throwing a major tantrum and our dog went to hump him when he threw himself on the floor, he scratched the back of his neck-----open and shut again.

I don't really know what exactly you mean by caused themself injury, if you mean on purpose I'm sure they will help you help the child
  • mommaslilmen
    October 5, 2012 at 4:10 PM
    Yup. Last year my oldest was rushing and ended up hitting his head right on the corner of the wall just under his eye. At this time he was big into telling stories, and told his teacher I hit him. While he was still at school a cps worker stopped by and asked me a few questions. Then said because the dective was busy he would be stopping by another day. She suggested counseling because of the story telling. After seeing the counelor a few times, she agreed that he likes to tell stories. Cps closed the case without question

Anytime after that I send a note to school. He's gave himself a back eye, and left marks on his face since then
  • epaolini
    October 5, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I JALMOST WROTE A NOTE FOR THE TEACHER BUT THEN GOT SIDETRACKED AND FORGOT.. :-\ I JUST FEEL LIKE POO. HE TRIPPED COMMING OUT OF HIS ROOM, HIS SHOES WERE UNTIED EVEN THOUGH HE KNOWS HOW TO TIME THEM FOR OVER A YEAR NOW, HE DID A FACE PLANT AND HAS A RUGBURN THAT LOOKS LIKE A CHEMICAL BURN AND HE BIT THE INSIDE OF HIS LIP.. HE DIDNT EVEN TRY TO BRACE HISSELF... I JUST FEEL LIKE SINCE I WORK AT THE SCHOOL THEY GO TO AND IM IN SCHOOL MYSELF TO BE A TEACHER I THOUGHT IT WOULD LOOK REALLLLLLLLY BAD TO HAVE CPS COME AND INVESTIGATE

• Pink_Love
    October 5, 2012 at 7:20 PM
    I have had cps here a few times, the 1st was cuz my mom has ms and she is very forgetfull she dropped a pill DD1 got ahold of it, me and my dad rushed her to the er... Bam cps was at the house 3 THREEE days later. 2nd time someone said I was giving them melatonin but I had a doctors note saying to, 3rd time 2 days after the 2nd report was made a man claimed DH was raping them (dh had evidence that put him in jail for manufactoring and distrabution) 4th DD1 had had surgery and was in a cast, her prescription ran low and since she didnt have any at school they called claiming I was neglecting her pain. I had got a new prescription that day and had it when cps showed up. 5th time sheriffs called when I packed up myself and kids and left. After it happened the house was burglarized (the ppl across the street had a cam to show when it was broken into) and they said that I left the house in a horrible mess. I am back home & w/DH Every case was closed within a week. Anyways, never for anythingthey have done themself
  • frndlyfn
    October 5, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Nope.  I would just answer any of their questions and see what happens.

• janitablue
    October 5, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Hugs  that never happen to me, but  I remember my son  as a toddler learning how to walk he fell and got a black eye. You should have seen the looks that I received from stranger when we were out in public.  I agreed with mom above be cooperative answer any questions from the CPS. Good luck 

• epaolini
    October 5, 2012 at 11:15 PM

thanks ladies....jut...this helps

• JasonsMom2007
    October 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM
    No but I was a witness of one once. A 5 year old I know was doing cartwheels in his yard and broke his arm. It was a classic abuse break. Well, he got his cast off and was at church on the play ground with me. His mom said she didn't want him on anything tall because she was already afraid cps was going to show up. So we were playing a game and he was standing on the bottom of a slide probably 1' off of the ground. He went to get down, slipped, and broke his other arm once again in a classic abuse break! I felt so bad :(
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts