Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
mommy-of2cuties
Books for 6 yr DD?
September 28, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I'm starting our Christmas shopping soon, so I'm trying to figure out some books. What books would you all recommend for a 6 year old girl? She's not to interested in reading so I'm hoping that with Santa bringing her books might help.

Thanks! =)

Replies

• mjande4
    by mjande4
    September 28, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Magic Treehouse, Diary of a Wimpy Kid's female counterpart (sorry don't know the name, just know what the books look like), Pinkalicious.

• mommy-of2cuties
    September 28, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Quoting mjande4:

Magic Treehouse, Diary of a Wimpy Kid's female counterpart (sorry don't know the name, just know what the books look like), Pinkalicious.

Thanks! I didn't know they did a female counterpart for Diary of a wimpy kid! lol! My son loves those books lol!

• maidjillian
    September 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Try books that are funny.  Scaredy Squirrel books are hilarious.  Also try the Pigeon books by Mo Willems (Don't Let the Pigeon Stay up Late, etc).  They are not chapter books, but they are really cute and my 5 yr old loves them. 

• mjande4
    by mjande4
    September 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM

My boys LOVED the Wimpy Kids books too.  The girl ones look JUST like the boys, but they are pink and purple.  They usually are right next to them on the shelf at Barnes and Noble too.

Quoting mommy-of2cuties:

Quoting mjande4:

Thanks! I didn't know they did a female counterpart for Diary of a wimpy kid! lol! My son loves those books lol!

• NuttyMomma
    September 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM

THey have a Disney Princess Set For The "I Can Read" Books.

• PixieKiss403
    September 28, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    My kids and I LOVE Pete the Cat books! They are so funny! Especially the one about his new shoes! We quote the book a lot during play and my daughter took it in for show and tell she loves it so much. We just got a flyer for the Book Fair next week and my kids were excited because there is a new Pete the Cat book in it.
  • liveforever
    September 28, 2012 at 10:47 AM

My 6 year ol dd loves the American Girl books. We already got through the series for Samantha and Felicity. Were reading Josefina now.

• PinkParadox
    September 28, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Rainbow Magic...there are series of all different types of fairies.  Animal Ark series.  Unicorn School series =)

• mommasaint
    September 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM

My girls loved/love Junie B Jones and American Girl books. 

• melisawoosley
    September 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM
    Dd loves Dr Suess books

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts