Featured Posts
kaylasmom22
Xmas gifts?
September 26, 2012 at 2:44 PM
What are you getting your kid this year? DD will be 6 in Feb and I don't know what to get her. She already has taken over my kindle fire but it feels weird wrapping it for her lol. I need ideas.

Replies

• bleumonster
    September 28, 2012 at 8:47 AM
    My son wants halo 4 for xbox and I might get him a tablet. My daughter wants a waterbed but I don't particularly want to get her one so Idk. I haven't decided yet. They are 10 and 14.
  • kelliewhitney
    October 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Give YOURSELF a new tablet (the new Kindle or the Google Tablet are great options, and run $200-$300) , wrap up the Fire for her, and buy her some other toy as well. Just make sure she knows that usage of electronics is still up to you, and DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GIVE HER THE AMAZON PASSWORD! Also, make sure 1-Click Ordering is disabled. I learned that lesson the hard way :) I'm talking about an evening that cost about $150 in charges (the TWO YEAR OLD DID IT!!!). By the time I received the emails, she had already downloaded the shows (I'm relatively certain she had help from the older kids).

That was my plan for my oldest. Then, our new German Shepherd puppy chomped the corner and cracked the glass of my Fire. I think my protection plan will cover it.

Just know that even the best kids are sneaky little farts. We keep the tablets with us at night after they are done reading. If they are caught after lights out, they are off the tablets for a couple of days. If they are actually reading on them because they cannot sleep, I relate. However, I have learned to silently check in  about 10 minutes later to see if "reading" turned into "Angry Birds."

• steelcage
    October 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM

We had a HUGE Christmas last year. The girls got every toy in the store from Santa, mommy, daddy, grandmas and grandpas, aunts, and friends. We really went overboard on the Santa gifts last year because it was the first year we were actually able to give the kids a Christmas (we struggled up until about May of last year, now we're doing great financially). This year, we plan to tone it down, and just keep it simple (plus their birthdays are next month so they'll get a ton of stuff right before Christmas).

So far on the list:

Guinea Pig for DD 1
    Mermaid Barbie (for both girls) 
    MP3 players (cheap ones to hold their Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift because it makes my ears bleed)
    Board Games
    Books
    Monster High Dolls for DD1

Still don't know what to get my soon to be 5 year old...she's hard to buy for.

• maass1981
    October 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM

The xbox games Brave and Lego Pirates of the Caribean and lots of books for my 7and 5 year olds. And of course clothes and stocking stuffers.  My youngest will be six months and I have not figured out what to get him.

• pinkcsmtlgy
    October 9, 2012 at 7:31 AM

My husband and I just shopped for our boys. We got them transformers, hot wheels, army guys and lots of trucks.

• maidjillian
    October 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM

My kids are 5 and 2 (both have birthdays in Jan/Feb)

The youngest one is getting Jungle Junction toys and the oldest one... well, most of the items on his wish list are books!  I really don't know what else to get him.  I love that he loves books so much though!

• kak27
    by kak27
    October 9, 2012 at 9:42 AM

My dd6 and ds8 are both getting a 3ds and maybe some black friday toys/games also.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts