Elementary School Kids

Featured Posts
superwoman8977
Is your 3rd and 4th grader still in a booster?
August 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM

My now almost 10 year old is in 4th grade this year.  He weighs 78 lbs and is 4 ft 8 inches tall.  This year when it came time for school to start he came to my husband and I and asked that he not be in a low back booster anymore.  I know in our school he was the only kid in the 3rd grade in an lbb and he took alot of flack from it.  My husband and I made the decision that enough was enough and we began letting him ride in just the seatbelt.  For us him being made fun of (which he is already a very sensitive child) was just too much.  So what are your opinions?  Here is a pic of him in his seat ready for school.

Replies

• JasonsMom2007
    August 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    The seat belt doesn't fit him right. If he was my child he would be boostered.
  • KyliesMom5
    August 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM

My daughter was out of the booster the day she turned 8 years old. 

• Jamie1972
    August 6, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    My kids have been out of boosters/carseats since second grade. I have tall kids and their weight is higher then kids their age.
  • jenandpetersmom
    August 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    What about a no back booster? My 8 year old is still in one.
  • JeremysMom
    Is there anyway to adjust the seatbelt because it doesn't fit him.
  • superwoman8977

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

So you would let your child be made fun of...

• aarensmommy

i think he should still be in a booster, the belt doesnt lay properly on him. imo

• JasonsMom2007
    August 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    Better teased than dead from an ill fitting seat belt.

Quoting superwoman8977:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

So you would let your child be made fun of...

• Roo1234
    by Roo1234
    August 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    Our 5th grader is on a booster and unless he has a HUGE growth spurt this year he will probably be in one for 6th grade too.

Your son is a lot bigger than ours. He is only about 60lbs and maybe 4 1/2 ft tall
  • CoolMommyofboys
    August 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    No one ever sees my son get out of the vehicle? I don't understand how he can be made fun of? Who sees him?

IMO from looking at the picture you posted - he doesn't look tall enoug- the seat belt isn't laying across his shoulder/neck correctly

My son will be in third this year and still in his low back booster

Elementary School Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts