superwoman8977
Is your 3rd and 4th grader still in a booster?
August 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM

My now almost 10 year old is in 4th grade this year.  He weighs 78 lbs and is 4 ft 8 inches tall.  This year when it came time for school to start he came to my husband and I and asked that he not be in a low back booster anymore.  I know in our school he was the only kid in the 3rd grade in an lbb and he took alot of flack from it.  My husband and I made the decision that enough was enough and we began letting him ride in just the seatbelt.  For us him being made fun of (which he is already a very sensitive child) was just too much.  So what are your opinions?  Here is a pic of him in his seat ready for school.

Replies

• JasonsMom2007
    August 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    The seat belt doesn't fit him right. If he was my child he would be boostered.
  • KyliesMom5
    August 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM

My daughter was out of the booster the day she turned 8 years old. 

• Jamie1972
    August 6, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    My kids have been out of boosters/carseats since second grade. I have tall kids and their weight is higher then kids their age.
  • jenandpetersmom
    August 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    What about a no back booster? My 8 year old is still in one.
  • JeremysMom
    Is there anyway to adjust the seatbelt because it doesn't fit him.
  • superwoman8977

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

So you would let your child be made fun of...

• aarensmommy

i think he should still be in a booster, the belt doesnt lay properly on him. imo

• JasonsMom2007
    August 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    Better teased than dead from an ill fitting seat belt.

Quoting superwoman8977:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

So you would let your child be made fun of...

• Roo1234
    by Roo1234
    August 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    Our 5th grader is on a booster and unless he has a HUGE growth spurt this year he will probably be in one for 6th grade too.

Your son is a lot bigger than ours. He is only about 60lbs and maybe 4 1/2 ft tall
  • CoolMommyofboys
    August 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    No one ever sees my son get out of the vehicle? I don't understand how he can be made fun of? Who sees him?

IMO from looking at the picture you posted - he doesn't look tall enoug- the seat belt isn't laying across his shoulder/neck correctly

My son will be in third this year and still in his low back booster