Design on a Dime Moms

flutterbybem
Undecided ...
October 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Recently my husband asked me if i could change a part of our house which would I choose. Not knowing how serious he was, Isaid expand our bedroom to be a REAL Master bedroom (we live in an older historic home built in 1928.  The bedrooms were not that big inthose days at... I guess everyone was tiny back then. ) So, then he has a contractor come over!  I was like wow!  HE WAS SERIOUS...He said Baby I love you and you desrerve a nice room so you can kick back  ok so , now I am torn because if we are really going to pay for that kind of work, I would also or rather get new appliances and a new floor for our kitchen.  However our bedroom is a place where we can retreat.  I NEED and WANT a dishwasher too!  UGH decisions decisions...what would you do...

Which would you decide on?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 34% - Remodeled Bedroom
  2. 65% - New Kitchen Appliances and Flooring

Replies

• 3snuffinNH
    November 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM

The bedroom is obviously less expensive, but another idea for the kitchen appliances might be a rental warehouse. Rental places are only allowed to rent them out so many times before selling them outright. I would ask around those places before going brand new.

• psych_mom
    November 10, 2012 at 8:38 AM
    I vote for the kitchen. When you get into changing room layouts there are often hidden expenses and things like that so the cost will most likely end up being at least 25% more than you're quoted and you would go way over budget. I'd do the kitchen and shop around for scratch & dent stuff and keep saving for the bedroom.

Design on a Dime Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN