everyone who has epilepsy

bigsishongkong
A new problem to deal with
May 23, 2008 at 12:00 PM
So last Friday I had to go to the ER because I had an allergic reaction to some Authentic Mexican tacos (really good but I'm not sure what they were made of...dog meat?) and my throat closed up and I stopped breathing.  Anyway, when I got there they ran some tests and found out that I also have hypothyroidism.  So now there's an explination for my depression, mood swings, inability to handle cold and lose weight, and a whole deal of other things.  But now I have to deal with this and my epilepsy?  Anyone else feel like  maybe God wants to see JUST how much we can really take?  Yesterday I cried nearly all day long and was just...not me.  Today I am just wondering-do any of you have major things on top of your epilepsy that you deal with that you just want to scream about?  If so, please write to me because I could really use someone who knows what I'm going through.  My hubby is wonderful and being so helpful with this but he is perfectly healthy and always has been.  He can't begin to know how this feels.  Do any of you know what I mean?

Replies

• SydElliesmom
    June 3, 2008 at 11:27 AM
    I feel bad that I didn't see your post until now-you look to this group for support, and no one replied-I am sorry. Fortunately my seizures are my only issue right now-KNOCK ON WOOD. I just had a hysterectomy to see if my horrible periods had anything to do with my seizures (they can't find any causes for them on MRIs, EEGs, etc.).  So, I did that 6 weeks ago and I thought that it worked-I was two days shy of the six week mark, and I had a seizure.  Needless to say, I WAS BUMMED.  Nothing like your issues, but I know how it can feel, especially on seizure days.  I don't know if it is a god thing, or just another way to build your character, but it seems like all of the good people deal with issues that are SO big, and they seem to keep getting bigger.  My friend who has debilitating (sp?) migraines always says she must have been a serial killer in her past life-sometimes seems that way, huh?  Anyway-I am sorry about all of this-I hope things start to improve for you.
    Heather
  • queenpmommy
    June 22, 2008 at 10:50 PM
    Im new to the group but I wanted to let you know that you arent the only person mith alot. On top of my epilepsy I have migrianes, hypoglecimia,and I now have to go to physical thearpy for my neck because it will lock up on me for weeks and I have severe pain they had to put me on vicatin last time and I started to see things with that so they took me off it. And I am only 26
  • Cher53
    by Cher53
    December 30, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I feel awful as the owner of this board I didn't see this til now. I know what you mean and agree with you, I have to make and appt asap I believe I am spilling sugar and God no! not diabetes on top of the Epilepsy. I just got over Pneumonia  and this makes me very nervous. I watched my Dad die from diabetes and the fact he didn't take proper care of himself and I am scared. My Mom has suffered with diabetes since she was 30 and I have watched her walk hell with this. So in the morning I am going in.. Hypothyroidism is no joke I hope you are doing better. Give me a shout and take care Hun, we are all in this together so don't feel alone....Cher53....Feel better soon....

everyone who has epilepsy