CrazyMakers in Our Lives

stressedwolf
My Stepson is driving me nuts (p.i.o.g.)
April 2, 2008 at 12:48 AM
UGH!!  This kid.  He is rude, obnoxious and mean spirited.  And he's only 8.

Blast me if you want, but dang!!!  He taunts me tonight, with "you can't take that away", when I tell him that if he doesnt go to bed I"ll take away a certain toy.  Then, tells me, "Youre gonna regret that.  I'll make sure you regret that."

I'm sorry, but I have the right to feel safe in my own home.  He hit me 4 times today and then threatens me.  I know he's only 8 and I'm a big gal, but dang!!!! 

He constantly mouths off and then gets mad when his dad addresses this with him.  He gets punished and he blames me.

He as some serious issues and he is seeing a psychologist. 

Yesterday, he hit my 2 1/2 yr old so hard on the back that it imprinted his thumb, forefinger and the other 3 tips of his fingers on her back for hours.  Oh, that is his whole thumb, forefinger.  That is a hard hit.

I told him tonight, if he ever hits her like that again, I"m calling the cops.  I don't know if I could do that, but I am tired of him hurting her and his other sister and then doing the crap he does to me. 

He is fighting at school and was suspended for two days (fri and mon).  He went back today.

I have no clue what to do with him and neither does his dad.  His dad is about ready to hand him over to his mom.  They're in the middle of a custody battle.

He tells me all the time that he never gets any attention, but his sister, 6, says that he gets all the attention.  I agree.  I spend so much time dealing with his crap that the other 3 get left out so many times.  What sucks is that my little ones are 2 1/2 and 18 months old.  It pisses me off. 

I have tried just talking to him, I"ve tried taking toys away.  We've grounded him and refused to give him allowance.  NONE OF IT SEEMS TO WORK!!!

He was diagnosed with ADHD and I think all of this crap that his mom did really messed him up.  He's hyper, to the point of danger.  He talks back constantly.  He yells at all 3 of the other kids.

I am so frustrated and pissed by his behavior.  He taunts me day in and out and is rarely a good, decent kid.  I used to love that little boy to bits, but find that I am slowly losing it.  I hate this and this custody crap, but what can I do as Stepmom?

Any advice?  I know many can say, "How can you hate a kid that young?  You are NOT in my situation and if you saw how he treated me, YOU"D tell me to run for the hills.  My mom has told me to leave, even.  UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• gacgbaker
    April 2, 2008 at 12:02 PM
    So sorry for all the stress that is being caused.  Maybe all the fighting over him has him stressed and he is acting that out?  I am not sure what to tell you other then I would go seek out some counselors that he could talk to alone, and then also together as a family.  Hope things get better!
  • jennmarie77
    April 4, 2008 at 10:33 AM
    Have you tried spending some quality time with him?  He may see that he's getting attention by the yelling and that's one reason he acts out.  I know that my children do that same things some times when they want my attention.  They act out just so I yell.  If I give them my undivided attention for a period of time they seem to behave better.

His ADHD does have some effect on him.  Is he on medication?  If he is I would schedule an appointment with the doctor and discuss his behavior, his medicine may need adjusted.

CrazyMakers in Our Lives

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts