CrazyMakers in Our Lives

gacgbaker
Am I crazy?
February 15, 2008 at 10:58 AM
Have you ever asked yourself that when you are in the midst of situations?  What situations have made you pause and ask that? 

Replies

• chocolateroses
    February 16, 2008 at 12:23 PM
    When you have just been on your hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor for your 8 month old daughter and you find out that she found the non-toxic orange paste dye your husband left in a strange place.  Your sweet baby is orange all around her face and hands with little hand prints with crawl tracks through out the one clean kitchen floor.

Was I crazy praying that my husband would work late so that I had additional time to cool down to eliminate the possibility of causing him bodily harm?
  • livewell
    February 18, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Quoting chocolateroses:

When you have just been on your hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor for your 8 month old daughter and you find out that she found the non-toxic orange paste dye your husband left in a strange place. Your sweet baby is orange all around her face and hands with little hand prints with crawl tracks through out the one clean kitchen floor.

Was I crazy praying that my husband would work late so that I had additional time to cool down to eliminate the possibility of causing him bodily harm?
    LOL - I hope he survived!
  • kinleygsmom
    February 18, 2008 at 5:00 PM
    all the time...I have a 21 month old and most mornings by the time I make it to work, I am talking to myself asking, did I brush my teeth this morning?...I feel crazy on a daily basis!
  • gacgbaker
    February 18, 2008 at 6:24 PM

Quoting livewell:

Quoting chocolateroses:

When you have just been on your hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor for your 8 month old daughter and you find out that she found the non-toxic orange paste dye your husband left in a strange place. Your sweet baby is orange all around her face and hands with little hand prints with crawl tracks through out the one clean kitchen floor.

LOL - I hope he survived!
    He did, still around to be harrassed about it with the photos!  I was the kid in orange :)
  • gacgbaker
    February 18, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Quoting kinleygsmom:

all the time...I have a 21 month old and most mornings by the time I make it to work, I am talking to myself asking, did I brush my teeth this morning?...I feel crazy on a daily basis!

Yep I do that too! I think kids do that to you!  Not crazy, just a mom!
  • stressedwolf
    March 5, 2008 at 12:24 AM
    Yeah, I ask myself that everytime my Skids get so out of control with "well,i'm gonna do it anyway, even if you say I can't".  I feel like it's crazy to keep trying and trying when it seems like nothing is going right. 
  • Baps
    by Baps
    March 21, 2008 at 12:20 AM
    I feel crazy when I patiently ask my children to do something and they do the opposite. I repeat myself, ask them again. Remind them, nicely and then still get the same results. Finally when I raise my voice, they look stupid like what is wrong with me? Why am I upset? I think, am I crazy? LOL
  • gacgbaker
    March 24, 2008 at 5:54 PM

Quoting Baps:

I feel crazy when I patiently ask my children to do something and they do the opposite. I repeat myself, ask them again. Remind them, nicely and then still get the same results. Finally when I raise my voice, they look stupid like what is wrong with me? Why am I upset? I think, am I crazy? LOL

Yep been there!!! 
  • scrappnmomma
    April 9, 2008 at 9:32 PM
    Ahhhh Memories, LOL
               I remember when my youngest daughter was down for a nap. She was 9 mos old. And she had to wear a big brace that wrapped around her waist and kept her legs in a split position. She was born without a hip socket in her left side. The brace was to push her ball joint into the socket to form a socket. This was 36 yrs. ago. Sarah was lets say for lack of a better word, a baby Ginni pig. They wanted to cut into her, every few months as she grew to help form a hip socket. BUT I SAID NO, YOUR NOT GOING TO CUT HER UP EVERY FEW MONTHS. Lets try something else first. Thankful, one of the ortho ped Dr's. listened to me. We got together with a man who made all kids of braces, and prostese (sp?) limbs. Well my poor baby was hurting for a long time wearing that cumbersome brace. I had to use a allen wrench every week and it made the brace, push her legs up higher into a split position. They also wanted to keep her on a dopey meds. for pain, but i said no. Not turning her into a dope head So i can't even remember if i had a full night sleep when she was in that brace. They had to make a bigger one every few months as she grew.. I would wrap her in a sling i made, so i wouldn't drop her while i sat up rocking her and nursing her.
    Well now to the stuff she did, down for a nap. Um-mm when i went to the bedroom, even before i opened the door, i could smell it... Yeposss.. crap.. OMG she had put it all over the wall, in back of her crib, the crib bars, on the wooden balls that were made into the end of the crib. Her bed sheet i couldn't even see what the true color was.
    She had a pair of tights, with a long sleeved shirt full of crap. and her big brace was all coverd too.. Well she worked that brace half all herself. And worked on her diaper.. I know i gave you all the full picture so to speak.. lol 
    So i got my rubber gloves on, and grabbed her into a big bath towel. I washed her down at least 4X's. And then as i was nursing her, i could still smell the crap.. What, where? I was looking all over her, and smelling her. When i lifted her up i seen her ear one was full of it..
              I cleaned her again. Then i had to take the mattress, and crib outside to scrub it down. Like 4x's. I scrubbed the wall. But i still felt it smelled, so i had to repaint it.
    I must scrubbed myself down like 6X's.. You know when you washed and scrubbed like your hands going to fall off. But in your mind still think you smell the crap? So i called my girlfriend to come over, and didn't tell her why. So when she walked into my house, i waited. She said nothing, only said wow you must have a productive day, smells good in here. The pine sol, and bleach, and candles... Whewww we
    I then knew no more crap smell. Well when my daughter and i are together, and her baby makes a mess.. I just walk away, and laugh. She knows the story, plus i have pictures to prove it... ROFLMA..
                ((hugs)) Sandra

CrazyMakers in Our Lives

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts