Gastric Bypass Patients

Krystina_Grant
update!!
May 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Hi everyone! The surgery went very well. My walking is coming along slowly. I have been out of the hospital since Monday afternoon. I actually went to Walmart because I had some stuff to get. I did fine until the end of it. Then it got rough. I was totally worn out and felt kind of sick. When I got back home I went to sleep and slept and slept.

The pain has actually been okay. The biggest pain is where the major incision was made - it's also where the drainage ball was. But it's nothing constant.

Anyway, I suppose I need to get moving a little bit now, but I wanted everyone to know the surgery went well. That I'm well. I'm on liquids, of course, and I see my surgeon on Friday.

What really sucks is that I can't drive for the next 2-3 weeks. It sucks, but there's nothing I can do about it. Those are the rules.

I still want to sleep a lot, but I guess I'm going to have to get myself to do walking and sitting up for longer periods of time. Not that I can't. I just find it's more comfortable to lay down most of the time. But that has to change. And I have plenty of things to keep me sitting up like playing online :-).

So that's it. I'll update and share stuff as I go along. Hope everyone is doing well! :-D

Replies

• MamaHood
    May 7, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Glad everything is going well for you. The pain will go away soon. I had minimal pain but everyone is different. I walked 4 miles 1 week post op and shocked my surgeon! He said just listen to my body and do whatever I want exercise wise. I went back to the gym fully after my 6 week check up.

• my2kidsma
    May 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I was in a lot of pain.  The dr. decided it was probably a stitch that was pulling b/c I was getting shooting pains when I moved.  It lasted just over 2 weeks, and just like that one morning I woke up and it was gone.  You're tired b/c your body is working to heal itself.  Sleep when you need to.  Just be sure that each time you wake you find something to do.  Walk up and down the hall or around the kitchen table until you can't anymore.  It will get easier, and just remember it is SO worth it!

Gastric Bypass Patients

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts