Baby Name Polls and Opinions

CalienteDama
My Boyfriend Hates The Name I Want For My Baby!
August 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Hello! I am new to this whole site but have completely went crazy on the forums!

My name is Amanda and I am 10 weeks pregnant! I obviously don't know the sex.
But me and Matthew are already trying to decide on a name. What we would call it if it was a girl and boy.

We have a lot of ideas for a girl. Well he does. My dads name is Kenny and my mums name is Sandra. Since I was a little girl I always said I would name my daughter "Kendra" which is part of my mums name and part of my dads. This isn't the only reason I love this name. I used to get bullied in school about my name and I moved schools so I used to tell people it was Kendra and I didn't get bullied once. Although it was hard to explain why the teachers were calling me something different!

The proplem is when I told my SO this, he point blank refused to even concider it! He thinks its awful. We have had a couple more ideas and I told him he could name it anything he wanted if it was a boy as long as it wasn't stupid.

I am actually beginning to like the sound of other names now but I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and what they done about it!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• CalienteDama
    August 16, 2012 at 3:06 PM

BUMP!

• 1Angeland3Girls
    September 16, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I love that Kendra is part of both your mom and dads name!!!!  Screw him!! Its adorable!!! 

Make a deal with him, You get the girls name, and he gets the boys name. Or He gets the middle name for a girl, and you get the middle name for a boy..

• truelove813
    January 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I'm curious to know what your real name is since you went by Kendra to avoid being teased?  

• CalienteDama
    January 30, 2013 at 9:00 AM
    Mandy

Quoting truelove813:

I'm curious to know what your real name is since you went by Kendra to avoid being teased?  

• truelove813
    January 30, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    People made fun of Mandy? Girls at my school used that as a nickname for Amanda. No one made fun of them

Quoting CalienteDama:

Mandy

Quoting truelove813:

• CalienteDama
    January 30, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    Yes I know people used it as a nickname but I would never. 8 got bullied in school anyway and I guess they just used my name as another thing to bully me about.

Quoting truelove813:

People made fun of Mandy? Girls at my school used that as a nickname for Amanda. No one made fun of them

Quoting CalienteDama:

Mandy

Quoting truelove813:

• Mylifeasmelissa
    February 12, 2013 at 1:34 AM
    What name did he pick out?
  • CalienteDama
    February 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Well I am pregnant with a boy. It doesn't matter. Made this post when we didn't know the sex he still is against the idea of Kendra if we ever have a girl but we picked "Caiden" for the boy I am going to have in March.

Quoting Mylifeasmelissa:

What name did he pick out?

• acb4415
    by acb4415
    May 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM

if you have a girl in the future, then maybe he might consider it as a middle name. and you can call her by her middle name. My cousin is named Morgan Alexis and everyone calles her Alex, and DH also has a co-worker who goes by his middle name, so maybe you can still get the name you want ;-)

• Kirstyttc
    May 29, 2013 at 7:05 AM

i dont like kendra either sorry

Baby Name Polls and Opinions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN