Featured Posts
shari413
How many moms know "CPR"
April 4, 2008 at 5:23 PM
I was wondering how many of the mothers on CM know CPR, did you know that learning this life saving technique can increases survival from 30% to 80% if CPR is performed as quickly as possible...I realize that thinking of something horrible happening to your children is not something you want to do, but with young children trying different foods for the first they can have an allergic reaction and CPR can save your child's life. A few years ago I was at a public swimming pool with my kids when a 6 year old boy was missing, they found him quickly (within 3 min) but the life guards there were not properly trained and the child died before they reached the hospital...I felt so helpless so I decided there and then that I would not trust the life of my kids to teens working for the summer.CPR is a 16 hour course that may change the outcome of something like this happening( not always, but if it works one time its worth it) I am in the process of getting my instructors licenses to teach this and will be able to teach whoever is interested on line, there is no charge for this, Its something that I feel strongly about..I just wanted to see if there would be people interested.

Replies

• rocamom
    by rocamom
    April 4, 2008 at 5:23 PM
    I learned in HS but I take a refresher course every other year at the local red cross YAY!!!
  • Elyce225
    April 4, 2008 at 5:24 PM
    I am certified in CPR, I have to be for my profession.
  • shari413
    April 4, 2008 at 5:24 PM
    awesome that is great!
    Quoting rocamom:

I learned in HS but I take a refresher course every other year at the local red cross YAY!!!

• mommyfive970
    April 4, 2008 at 5:27 PM
    I learned as a CNA, but it's been few yrs since my last refresher!  My hubby takes a First Aid class for work, so he is probably better than me.
  • shari413
    April 4, 2008 at 5:30 PM
    things have changed allot in the last few years, you can still refresh without taking the whole class if you are interested in doing so
    Quoting mommyfive970:

I learned as a CNA, but it's been few yrs since my last refresher! My hubby takes a First Aid class for work, so he is probably better than me.

• LuvsHuggies
    April 4, 2008 at 5:30 PM
    I am certified in CPR, First Aid and AED. I worked in personal security.
  • shari413
    April 4, 2008 at 5:34 PM
    thats great the AED is so much better than CPR and I have noticed that they are getting more available
    Quoting LuvsHuggies:

I am certified in CPR, First Aid and AED. I worked in personal security.

• manda3107
    April 4, 2008 at 5:38 PM
    i dont know CPR but i guess this would be a really go time to learn!
  • two_under_two08
    April 4, 2008 at 5:39 PM
    I'm not certified but I have a copy of the procedure for the hemlock and CPR on babies and small children. I've read it a lot but I keep it on hand for other people who might stay with children.
  • bekfish84
    April 4, 2008 at 5:41 PM
    I know how.  I let my certificate run out a few years ago.  I know, shame on me.  But I will be getting it back again soon b/c I am in school to become an elementary teacher.  i think everyone should know cpr.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN